Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1704319779
Adecco is assisting a client with their need to fill a temporary position for a Starter Generator Technician located in Wichita, KS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Re-manufacture starter generators.
1. Dis-assemble units, inspect units, find parts that are broken or not functioning, order parts needed, clean unit, reassemble unit according to manufacturers specifications.
2. Test all parts on all phases of operation
3. Perform monthly maintenance on machines.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years previous industry-related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Ability to work with close tolerances.
3. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with co-workers, including the ability to speak simple sentences; ability to accept instruction.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, work orders, and memos. Ability to read and understand blue prints and specifications. Ability to write simple correspondence.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions and procedures furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
6. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to operate the equipment used in the department, including but not limited to test stands, lathe, drill press, grinder, presses, micrometers and calipers.
7. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and supervisor.
8. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
9. Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor's direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
10. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
11. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
12. Ability to read, speak and comprehend in the English language.
Ability to read, speak and write in English.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Parts Manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
FAA Safety Sensitive position
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Starter Generator Technician position, or you can visit our website at www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled