Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company focused on enabling farmers around the world to produce more from their farms, both large and small. As our climate changes and population grows, we're striving to feed additional billions safely, affordably, and with minimal environmental impact.
To meet this need Monsanto is using both classical and novel approaches to improve genetic potential of the key agricultural crops. One of the new areas Monsanto is focusing involves development of the new genome editing tools for use in row, vegetable crops, and protein engineering.
The Protein Sciences Team in St. Louis, MO
is seeking an intern who will perform lab experiments, document results and contribute to development of the novel tools for genome editing based crop improvement.
The role will encompass a broad range of molecular biology and protein biochemistry including but not limited to DNA extraction, PCR and sequence based assays for detecting editing events, protein expression and purification, and characterization.
The intern will be expected to work independently within a team environment. Ability to record experimental procedures and data in a clear, accurate manner is essential, along with effective verbal and written communication. An eagerness to learn and willingness to improve is a must.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for an individual to learn and grow in a dynamic research environment.
Dates for this summer internship are May 14 to August 3 of 2018. Required:
- Enrolled at a university within the U.S. in pursuit of a MAs or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study upon completion of internship, or continuing to pursue an advanced degree in the fall
- Hands-on experience in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry Laboratory
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to record experimental procedures and data in a clear, accurate manner; effective communication skills (verbal and written)
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.