Monsanto is one of the world's leading companies focused on sustainable agriculture and we work every day to discover and deliver innovative products that support farmers who feed, fuel, and clothe the people of our world. Produce more, conserve more, improving farmer's lives: that is Our vision.
We are seeking a talented student who is creative, team-oriented, and hard working for a paid, 3-month internship within the Global Breeding organization. The position will be based at our Huxley, IA site. In this role, the successful candidate will conduct field-based experiments to collect phenotypic data as well as analyze genotypic and genomic data for key reproductive traits in field crops.
As part of our diverse and dynamic breeding organization, you will have the opportunity to interact with breeders and other interdisciplinary scientists during your tenure. Upon completion of the program, you will present your findings to an audience of peers and senior management. End of summer presentations are hosted at a designated Monsanto site, where students network with scientists and learn more about future career opportunities at Monsanto.
Daily transportation to the Monsanto site is required and will be the responsibility of the intern. Any required off-site travel will be provided by Monsanto. Extended hours should be expected during peak season; overnight travel is rare, but may be necessary.
Dates for this summer internship are May-August 0f 2018.
Daily Activities may include:
- Data collection
- Data entry and analysis
- Detail and results-orientation with the ability to work independently
- Strong motivational, organization and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Current enrollment in BA/BS or MS in Plant Science, Genetics, Plant Breeding, or other related field of study
- Interest in exploring a career in agriculture
- Willingness/ability to relocate for duration of project, if necessary
- Personal transportation
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.