Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description
Secure and retain genomics business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Work with Sales Management to identify and prioritize list of target Account opportunities for each 'prospecting cycle' (e.g. quarterly/semi-annually).
- Work with Sales Management to establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Under the leadership of Sales Management, continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Lead the sales process; prepare and lead the sales presentation.
- Coordinate with contracts/proposals to develop proposal. Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Maintain visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer.
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Report all sales related activities in CRM system.
- Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups within Q2 Solutions.
- Solid understanding of the principles of genomics with focus on Next Generation Sequencing (RNASeq, ExomeSeq, Targeted Resequencing, Bioinformatics), Microarray technology, and Genomic Biomarker Strategies. Experience in clinical applications of genomics and companion diagnostics is preferred.
- Proven track record selling genomics or laboratory testing services and products
- Excellent Business/Industry awareness and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
- Ability to identify and develop sales leads
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce CRM).
- Understanding of business and Industry Trends and ability to interpret the trends relevant to the business.
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer technical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to create and give technical oral presentations to large groups of scientists.
- Must be self-directed and capable of prioritizing opportunities and performing multiple tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, computational sciences, or Business Management and 7 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical/IVD Manufacturer/Life Sciences Tool Manufacturer), including 4 years of Sales responsibility; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working in a next generation sequencing laboratory or services company
- Working in a bioinformatics group supporting next generation sequencing data analysis.
- Field sales for next generation sequencing equipment, services, or software solutions.
- Use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Frequent travel
- Frequent long, varied hours
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.