Monsanto is seeking a highly talented undergraduate student for a summer internship opportunity in Ankeny, Iowa,
at one of the largest genetic laboratories in the world. The facility supports Monsanto's molecular breeding efforts with the ultimate aim of aiding breeders in bringing new traits and higher yielding elite lines of row crops and vegetables to market in a timely manner.
This summer intern will be involved in learning the workflow, methodologies and robotics used in this high-throughput genotyping lab.
As a Genotyping Production Scientist Intern, you will:
- Assist with development of process improvements
- Develop and use analytics tools to optimize workflow efficiencies and/or data quality
- Collaborate with several teams of scientists
The dates for this internship are May 14 - August 3, 2018.
- Current enrollment in a university within the U.S., pursuing a B.S. degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related field
- Familiarity with data exploration
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study upon completion of internship
- Detail and results oriented with ability to work in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
- Agility in the face of changing demands
- Effective communication skills--written and oral
- General computing knowledge/experience
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction and PCR
- Lab experience outside of coursework
- Previous internship in related area
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Coding or data visualization skills (R, Python or Spotfire)
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.