A Geotechnical Construction Project Manager job in Houston, Texas is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, degreed in a related discipline or equivalent related work experience required. Minimum of five years related geotechnical project management experience with knowledge of soil mixing, jet grout, earth support, drilled shaft, micropiles soil nailing and/or augercast piles related worksoil modification, deep foundations, earth retention systems and ground improvement. Expertise is slurry wall construction is desired. Responsible for planning, executing, evaluating and overall management for multiple geotechnical projects. Responsible for project estimating, contract negotiation, project management including direct supervision of multiple project teams and quality control management.
Geotechnical Project Manager job responsibilities include:
• Manage project development from initiation to closure for multiple geotechnical projects related to slurry and barrier walls, grouting, soil mixing and/or sheet/soldier pile.
• Direct execution of all aspects of projects, including: pre-bid meetings, proposal preparations, project start-up, contract management, change order management, resource loading, project cost controls, material buy-out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
• Generate, prepare and submit invoices per terms of the contract for assigned projects, plus A/R collection as needed
• Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and referral/recommendations for additional business opportunities
• Provide oversight of project teams ensuring that all OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety
• Act as a leader within the organization as it relates to bidding and negotiating new work, new client relationships, assist with preparation of bids and proposals
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, degreed in a related discipline or equivalent related work experience required
• Minimum of five years related geotechnical project management experience with knowledge of soil modification, deep foundations, earth retention systems and ground improvement. Expertise is slurry wall construction is desired.
• Experience must demonstrate proficient understanding of construction equipment, techniques, drawings, specifications, building materials, design and geotechnical work
• Professional experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial and supervisory accountability and authority with knowledge and proficiency in bidding
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required
• Ability to travel to construction sites as needed to oversee staff and projects
• Must be willing to work in a construction work environment that includes: potential exposure to dust, noise, toxic materials, waste and infectious materials, as well as working in inclement weather conditions
• Must maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, such as: heavy lifting and climbing, operating motorized equipment and vehicles, work in confined spaces, work at heights, and work around heavy construction equipment.
If you are interested in this Geotechnical Project Manager job in Houston, Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361 or Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.