Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Global Investigations is seeking a highly talented, self-motivated individual to support GI Tools and related enhancements and initiatives. The successful candidate will support the development and usage of GI tools to conduct complex investigations to identify financial crimes, trending, and typologies. This roles is inclusive of monitoring the execution, tools performance and collection of feedback for continuous improvement. The role also involves a high level of cross functional work and engagement with various stakeholders such as GI teammates, GFCC business partners, PD product owners and developers.
The successful candidate is required to manage the GI tools escalation process, troubleshoot issues, engage with the appropriate stakeholders to ensure a successful and quick resolution to any issue to minimise business disruption. Clear and concise communication is needed to effectively keep all stakeholders updated on issues and other updates both on the PD and business side. The candidate will also play a key role in producing documentation and training material for existing and new tools with the expectation of appropriately communicating progress and updates on product launch, enhancements and any other update. A proactive approach is required to explore and identify tools that might be useful to the team and coordinate its adoption accordingly. Involvement in new tools development and enhancements projects is also required. This role requires a self-starter with the ability to independently operate with a sense of urgency while managing multiple competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Gain full understanding of tool functionalities and processes across GFCC and within GI to effectively address escalations and to fully support the team when disruptions/breakdowns occur
- Support GI Tools by acting as global point of contact for GI teammates on tools performance, bugs, enhancements and feedback
- Compile documentation on tools functionalities and develop and deliver training to global GI teammates on new tools initiatives as needed.
- Provide support in the development of projects related to both internal tools and external sites/software/vendors.
- Gather requirements on new tools projects/ enhancements, draft clear and concise business requirements for delivery to technical partners
- Liaise with Compliance PD group to coordinate initiatives related to GI tools development.
- BS/BA degree required.
- 2+ years in Project Management, or Project Management certification a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodology a plus
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Prior financial crime investigative experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel).
- Experience with SQL, Python, Marco and Tableau are a plus
- Must possess strong verbal, written, presentation, and other communication skills: Communication at all levels is crucial in this role, including the ability to communicate complex and technical matters in simple terms to upper management, the ability to communicate in more technical terms with development teams to ensure full understanding of business requirements and project expectations. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for partnering closely with GI and Planning and Governance leaders to provide updates on the progress of projects and new initiatives
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and make sound decisions
- Must display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence teams
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.