Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorism financing, and requires data-driven insights to successfully manage the teams of investigators working to prevent illicit activity from occurring across PayPal products. The GFCC Report Developer will support the technical development and implementation of metrics-based reporting and visualization for GFCC, including internal management reporting, key risk indicator reporting, and board/committee level reporting. The Report Developer will analyze data needs for the GFCC, define reporting requirements, build and automate actionable reports for the department. This individual is responsible for the data and insights that impact the overall productivity and effectiveness of GFCC teams and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that GFCC leadership has the reporting and analytics needed to identify risk and allow the business to operate effectively. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, a true interest for learning about the financial crimes compliance space, and a passion for achieving practical business and compliance impacts. Skills in problem solving, rigorous analysis, and distilling complex and voluminous data into concise summaries will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity. Top qualified candidates will possess high levels of knowledge in SQL, dashboard development, relational database fundamentals and data warehouse architecture.
- Work with leadership and peers to understand GFCC reporting needs and execute on collective vision for GFCC
- Design, develop and automate metrics-based internal management and leadership reporting for regular distribution
- Partner closely with Compliance leaders on envisioning new reporting and continually enhancing existing reports
- Work with global colleagues to improve the standards and processes used to deliver Business Intelligence
- Use data to help management and operations identify and escalate business issues and opportunities
- Learn the underlying investigative processes driving the data to provide meaningful insights into the health of GFCC
- Create and distribute reports and other intelligence essential to GFCC while also providing context for trends and patterns within those reporting packages
- Explore new reporting tools and make recommendations for enhancements
- Work efficiently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Rapidly adjust to changing requirements and business environments
- Strong understanding in SQL and RDBMS technology. Teradata is the RDBMS in use but candidates with strong Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL etc. will be considered
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills (including pivot tables, functions, macros, charts)
- Excellent reporting and business analysis skills
- Preferred data visualization experience using an Enterprise Reporting tool like Tableau, SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy
- 5 years of experience with database query tools, including Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL ; along with basic understanding of data warehouse architecture are required
- 5 years of experience in analytics and reporting
- 8+ years professional related work experience or Master's degree and 6+ years, or Doctorate and 4+ years.
- BS/BA degree in related field required or equivalent professional work related experience.
- Strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative analysis
- Experience with extracting data from multiple disparate sources
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively. Skill and confidence in dealing with people at all levels of the organization are essential
- Willing to learn new tools and business processes
- Excellent English, both written and oral, as the role involves working as part of a global team
- Good interpersonal and organization skills
- Requires an excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Compliance processes and systems.
- Clear, strategic thinker with vision, with the ability to execute on priorities
- Skilled in translating technical processes for a business audience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.