SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The GI Oncology Nurse Practitioner will play an integral role in the Cancer Center Team.
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Demonstrates professional growth and leadership through continuing education and involvement in professional organizations.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and activities of the Joint Commission in order to promote high quality care. Ensures Cancer Center remains ACOS survey ready.
- Contributes to the mission of the Cancer Center through various activities.
- Assess and define immediate and long-term needs of patients and their family in preparing for and managing their disease
- Educate the patient and family to promote understanding of the underlying disease process and care planning.
- Optimize symptom control and functional status and provide coordination of care through the disease continuum.
- Promote the highest quality of life for the patient and family.
- Provides survivorship planning to appropriate patients.
- Provides screening as appropriate to high risk patients
- Coordinates cancer conference and follow-up in collaboration with the cancer team.
A Masters degree in nursing. LICENSURE:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist. Oncology certification preferred. EXPERIENCE:
5 years or more current nursing experience