SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The GI Oncology Nurse Practitioner will play an integral role in the Cancer Center Team.
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Demonstrates professional growth and leadership through continuing education and involvement in professional organizations.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and activities of the Joint Commission in order to promote high quality care. Ensures Cancer Center remains ACOS survey ready.
- Contributes to the mission of the Cancer Center through various activities.
- Assess and define immediate and long-term needs of patients and their family in preparing for and managing their disease
- Educate the patient and family to promote understanding of the underlying disease process and care planning.
- Optimize symptom control and functional status and provide coordination of care through the disease continuum.
- Promote the highest quality of life for the patient and family.
- Provides survivorship planning to appropriate patients.
- Provides screening as appropriate to high risk patients
- Coordinates cancer conference and follow-up in collaboration with the cancer team.
A Masters degree in nursing. LICENSURE:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist. Oncology certification preferred. EXPERIENCE:
5 years or more current nursing experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom