JOB DESCRIPTION: GIS Analyst
The Weather Company, an IBM Business is seeking a GIS Analyst to join an exciting team of topnotch engineering talent at the world's leading provider of weather data. The job will consist of technical work in the development and maintenance of the Weather Company's
Geographic Information System including the acquisition and input of spatial data, spatial analysis, geo-processing and general GIS support for Weather Company departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with updates to spatial data used as input to Weather Channel forecast systems, online/mobile search tools and localized weather products.
• Create custom presentation quality maps using geo-database data as well as external data sources.
• Assist in research and acquisition of spatial data to support Weather Channel products and systems.
• Assist in Quality Control/Assurance of spatial data sets used in Weather Channel products and systems.
• Develop innovative solutions using GIS technology for a wide variety of business needs that support multiple customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Tools and Abilities
• BS in Geographic Information Systems or BA in Geography with a specialization in Geographic Information Systems, or equivalent experience
• 2 to 5 years professional experience in the field of GIS utilizing the ESRI suite of Desktop GIS products.
• ESRI Software Suite (10.x ArcGIS Desktop / ArcGIS Server)
• Geoprocessing Automation with Python and/or Model builder
• SQL (Postgres)
• Geodatabase Design Concepts
• Cartographic Design Concepts
• RDBMS Concepts
• Ability to Work on Multiple Projects SimultaneouslyDesired Skills and Tools
• Web Mapping Tools and Concepts
• Open Source GIS Tools
• Meteorology Concepts
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.