GIS Project Manager
Posted: December 20, 2016
Reference ID: 1615140859
A GIS Project Manager job in Houston,Texas is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. You will need a BS /BA in Engineering, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS, Geology, Engineering or related field from accredited college or university and eight plus years of progressive experience including three plus years of successful project management experience using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software and its extensions. Oversee the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of client facing and internal projects as assigned. Work with the Business Operations directors/stakeholders to set and assist with project goals, tasks, and deadlines, obtain resource assignments, monitor and summarize progress of project etc. Prepare timelines and reports for upper management regarding status of projects. GISP and / or PMP Preferred.
GIS Project Manager job responsibilities include:
• Direct the work of GIS Analysts and GIS Technicians on a project-by-project basis
• Act as a liaison between GIS and client to identify, define and document project requirements
• Prepare and maintain project artifacts to include but not limited to: communication plan, risk plan, change management and project timeline. May also be responsible for budget and quality management
• Manage and lead all aspects of the project team
• Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan
• Record and manage project issues and escalate when necessary
• Resolve any project issues at project level.
• Monitor project performance and progress
• Provide status reports to leadership
• Manage approvals of account/solution design.
• Work closely with cross functional teams
• Organize meetings and group activities.
• Contribute to project management and administration process improvement efforts.
• Apply appropriate project management standards for all efforts.
• May supplement activities in an Agile and/or Waterfall environment
• Work with GIS Landbase, Gas or Electric data models.
• Work with Gas or Electric Geometric network
• BS /BA in Engineering, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS, Geology, Engineering or related field from accredited college or university
• Eight plus years of progressive experience including three plus years of successful project management experience using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software and its extensions
• GIS Conflation experience preferred
• GISP and / or PMP Preferred
• Experience in PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, MS Project, and SharePoint preferred.
If you are interested in this GIS Project Manager job in Houston, Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361 or by email at Thomas.grider@Adeccona.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled