GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Global Accounting ERP DevOps
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Transportation's Oracle EBS Supply Chain DevOps team is in charge of delivering and supporting solutions for the business leveraging the Oracle EBS environment. The Oracle EBS DevOps Module Owner will be responsible the Operational support of the (module) module and the delivery of techno-functional solutions for the module working with business.
In this role you will be expected to partner with module owners, and other analysts to design solutions to support the ERP projects leveraging the (module) module.
In addition to that the module owner will:
* Work with analysts to resolve tickets and issues to maintain system stability and availability
* Observe, evaluate and document existing business processes and requirements and work with module owners and project engagement teams to determine an effective functional specifications and global design/solution
* Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems to improve operational efficiencies
* Support the design, creation and maintenance of system interfaces between internal and external sources
Learn and support customizations and interfaces of varying complexity within the ERP space, suggesting where possible to replace customization with vanilla Oracle processes of equal or greater functionality
* Provide support to users and assist with troubleshooting application & business process issues and provide basic training around the solutions delivered
* Improve process flow and user documentation for different oracle related modules and enhance user knowledge and competency
Coordinate with business users and external vendors / corporate shared services to maintain system stability and provide quick resolution to issues
* Support the IT organization and finance with month end close activities as related to the module
Delivery of Oracle EBS Solutions for Global Accounting
* Monitoring alerts and Appworx to proactively manage any critical functions before failure
* Create and manage "Service Now" tickets and changes as required
Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e., special projects, Enhancements etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in an information systems design, implementation or operations
• Minimum of 8 years' experience with Oracle EBS R12 with focus on Global Costing and Financial Accounting
• Must have strong experience in designing and developing Techno Functional solutions for Global Accounting and guide/assist in design and development of RICEWF and OAF for EBS.
• Strong experience in designing and developing solutions for integrated applications such as PCAS and Costing/BOM Modules
• Strong Functional experience of Advanced Controls Architecture, Design and Interfaces
• Strong Architecture experience on SOA and Middleware
• Proficiency in preparing technical and functional documentation for Oracle EBS in preparing MD200/BR100/BP080s
• Excellent communication skills in discussing various manufacturing and financial processes with stakeholders/ customers
• Should possess functional expertise on Web Application Desktop and Oracle Content Manager
• Integration experience on integrating oracle systems with Mobile technologies
• Experience with XML Publisher, XML Bursting and OBIEE
• Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL with minimum of 5 years' development experience
• Lead a team of Module Analysts and implementation teams
• Minimum of 4 years in IT operational role
• Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (SQL Developer, Toad, JDeveloper) is required
• Knowledge of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies Capable of planning and organizing work and processes in a continuously moving support model
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• 10+ yrs of experience designing, supporting and architecting solutions for Global Accounting
• Experience with query optimization and tuning with both Oracle EBS standard code and customizations
• Experience with integrating 3rd party tools into Oracle through API's and Fusion middle ware
• Experience with enterprise scheduling (i.e. Appworx)
• Basic familiarity with Linux/Unix architectures and concepts as it relates to the EBS application
• Basic familiarity with networking, firewalls, vpn's and other infrastructure concepts as it relates to connecting users to the ERP or integrating to internal and external applications
• Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate well with others, to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
• Demonstrated customer focus, with the ability to evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer, build strong customer relationships, and create processes with customer viewpoint
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
• Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills, with proven abilities to communicate complex topics to peers in a simple, clear, plan oriented manner
• Ability to anticipate obstacles and develop plans to resolve those obstacles
• Change oriented, with the ability to actively generates process improvements, support and drives change, and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways
• Resourceful and quick learner, with the ability to efficiently seek out, learn, and apply new areas of expertise, as needed
• Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
• Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
• Strategic and clear thinking to translate discreet and complex ideas to business-driven results
• Detail-oriented with a strong drive to enforce common standards
• Demonstrated acceptance and adherence to high ethical, moral, and personal values
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.