The Global Category Manager for the Electrical Sector leads the development, management and oversight of standard supply chain processes and develops global strategies through consensus building to implement corporate-wide cost effective improvements for Eaton globally. This position develops long term commodity strategic planning, creates commodity metrics and ensures commodity strategies are aligned, deployed and meet the requirements of the Supply Chain Management across global operations. Position is accountable for effectively implementing Eaton’s strategic plan and managing measurable results. This position is responsible for driving the sourcing strategies for all Electrical categories globally and leads the global commodity team within the function.
Establishes and leads supply chain teams in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s world-wide buy, generate cost-outcome results, reduce supply base and improve quality and service performance.
Initiates, develops and executes global strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global preferred supplier partners.
Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
Reviews, approves, monitors and reports compliance to commodity agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
Leads the team to develop innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections.
Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
Leads global and regional commodity teams for supporting and managing supply chain strategic and operations goals and objectives.
Identify and implement innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high performance cross-functional teams.
Benchmarks procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
Creates alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
Leads the team in conducting Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in commodity management.
- Preferred MBA or specialized Master's degree in procurement related studies.
- 15 years of total supply chain experience.
- Is an acknowledged expert in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to services, direct and /or indirect materials.
- Exhibits excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, (internal and at the suppliers), operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Demonstrates ability in strategic process creation and implementation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out.
- Demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional/global teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of business results for cross-functional business initiatives and commodity strategies.
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Must be a creative thinker and have a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level of strategic commodity management.
- Must have a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation.
- Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks globally.
- Must be able to identify and implement emerging supply management tools.
- Must have strong motivation and mentoring skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Global business experience is required with experience in negotiating with global suppliers.
- Must have the ability to directly lead and manage people within the organization.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time