Primary Purpose of the Job
Major activities/Key challenges
- Category Management is responsible for an assigned Global Category and the management of critical supplier relationships in conjunction with Category Management Lead.
- The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend within the Global Category, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances to ensure the highest efficiency and effectiveness of the Category Management team.
- He/she serves as the point of contact for supplier issues within the assigned categories including issues related to service, commercial terms and contract disputes.
- He/she must execute global best-in-class procurement processes using state-of-the-art procurement IT software support, ensuring the Category Management organization is utilizing the maximum potential within global and local markets (Cost Savings, Innovation, Quality, Logistics).
- Direct responsibility for spend within the respective Category (worldwide demand/cross Groups and BUs
- Achieve Procurement targets worldwide for assigned categories (cost, innovation, quality)
- Develops and executes Procurement strategies such as Low Cost Country Sourcing strategies
- Maintains business relationships with representatives of strategic suppliers for category
- Collaborates with Procurement Engineering function using forums such as workshops to achieve category cost savings targets
- Leads, co-leads, or supports commercial sourcing activity across all categories as required to meet company objectives (e.g. e-Auction, RfX processes)
- Leads, co-leads, or supports non-commercial events as required to meet objectives, including, but not limited to Kaizen workshops, Working Capital/Inventory Workshops
- Executes contract negotiations/Terms and Conditions with suppliers classified in category
- Accountable for Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years' prior work experience in a category management or strategic sourcing role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 1 year of experience sourcing corporate facility services (janitorial services, security services, laundry services, etc.).
- One year international purchasing/procurement experience.
- MBA / Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Innovative, strategic thinker.
- Customer-oriented with business acumen.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.