Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The Global Chronic Therapy Marketing lead will have responsibility for leading the Global Chronic Therapy Marketing strategy, communication plan and tactical planning whilst supporting the overarching Market Development Chronic Strategy. The individual will develop strategy and content on Therapy Marketing initiatives to drive therapy growth and adoption. This includes Therapy education/promotional activities and internal & external communications. This person must have the ability to shape and influence the external environment and accelerate therapy adoption. Additionally, this candidate will be the commercial lead, in partnership with the Medical team, on obtaining feedback and engaging global SMEs (Subject Matter Experts). This individual will also help support the Director, Market Development, in market development activities that includes defining a strategy and roadmap for building new segments and growing current segments within the Chronic Renal space for HD and PD.
The individual must be an experienced and highly-qualified professional capable of leading and influencing cross-functional teams without direct reporting lines. He or she will also be required to work closely with Medical Directors, Clinical, RNs/healthcare clinicians, Global Market Development, Market Access, HEOR, GAPP and Regional and Country Marketing partners around the globe. The candidate will also be required to engage and build strong relationships with external SMEs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement results-oriented strategic therapy education and communication plans that drive demand for PD and HD therapies
- Lead the entire Chronic Renal development of positioning and messaging for Therapy Marketing and education materials for PD & HD and for internal and external stakeholders
- Work effectively with Medical, Clinical, Market Access, HEOR, GAPP, Global Market Development, New Product launch teams and On-market Product teams on growing modalities and product/service offerings
- Commercial lead and key partner with Global Medical on global Chronic SME engagement. Support SME activities such as advisory boards and educational activities
- Support the Director, Market Development on the Chronic Renal Market Development activities for HD and PD to help define, size, shape and understand access & barriers to grow a new or current market segment.
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional strategic planning sessions to:
- Identify new opportunities and/or resources to drive therapy demand
- Support market development and related product/marketing strategy development
- Work and collaborate with the Global Market Development team as appropriate on key projects
- Demonstrate impact on initiatives through key metrics
Equal Employment Opportunity
- A minimum of 6-10 years marketing experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry and/or medical device industry with demonstrated success in Therapy marketing, clinical marketing or market development (defining, shaping and growing a market or segment)
- Demonstrated success in Therapy marketing where the individual has successfully marketed a new therapy and driven adoption to become gold standard
- Experience in SME engagement
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence others
- This person must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic organization and be results-oriented
- Ability to interpret market/industry trends, data and publications and turn insights into effective strategy
- Excellent ability to plan and prioritize
- Experience working cross-culturally with good cultural knowledge, insight and understanding
- Bachelor's Degree Required; MBA preferred
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.