Global Client Advisor - Financial Services
Company Description :
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure. Now, with Sun server, storage, operating-system, and virtualization technology, Oracle is the only vendor able to offer a complete technology stack in which every layer is integrated to work together as a single system. In addition, Oracle's open architecture and multiple operating-system options gives our customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading products, including excellent system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership.
Location : NYC-area
Travel : could be up to 5 0% at times, depending on client location and needs
Brief Description :
Oracle's Global Client Advisors (GCA's) offer deep industry subject matter expertise combined with many years working in executive-level positions. They have defined and executed IT and business strategic transformation initiatives, have led and contributed thought leadership in areas such as business and IT architecture, strategic roadmaps, best practices and program execution. This extensive executive level experience allow GCA's to quickly align with both the Business and IT ultimately driving innovation and synergy across the global enterprise.
GCA's are aligned to the Key Account program and work harmoniously with the Key Account Directors (KADs) and are jointly responsible for Key Account leadership. GCA's are actively engaged with a maximum of two selected Key Account clients; they often work on-site (weekly) with the objective to collaborate and participate with the executive sponsor and the sponsor's direct strategic team (IT or LOB). Senior level Client executives are required to be sponsors of the GCA program and the GCA. The Client sponsor meets regularly with the GCA to ensure strategic alignment across the business, IT and Oracle.
GCA's work across industry and Oracle product pillars, they are Oracle agnostic, collaborate within the Industry Business Unit (IBU) and GBU industry groups to maximize the potential for Oracle while providing clients with holistic end to end solutions to their business challenges. GCA's provide leadership in creating and developing the 3 year account plan with the KAD and account team, and facilitate alignment to the customer's initiatives. A GCA's focus includes but is not limited to:
• Recognize opportunities for involvement and alignment with strategic business and IT transformation
• Advise customers on leveraging their existing investments while driving innovation and user adoption
• Expand the Oracle footprint across the enterprise
• Align the customer's IT/Corporate strategy with business needs
• Collaborate with Oracle internal resources and Oracle partners to ensure deployment excellence
• Promote Quarterly Business Reviews with the Customer Executive Sponsor, Oracle Executive Sponsor, KAD and the account team
GCA's earn the 'trusted advisor' reputation with the customer through open and honest dialogue, innovative thinking, strategic alignment and a clear focus on customer success. Ultimately, a GCA works closely with business leaders, IT, the Oracle KAD and account team, and Oracle partners to ensure one message, one solution, one Oracle, one customer success.
Preferred Qualifications :
Appropriately experienced candidates with a high potential for success as a Global Client Advisor are generally described as being/having:
• This person could come from a variety of backgrounds, but will be highly knowledgeable in Business, Industry, and IT Strategy and Architecture in Financial Services. Such backgrounds could include:
o Senior IT manager / executive within the Financial Services industry.
o Partner or senior level engagement manager at a large systems integrator, IT Consulting firm or competitive organization where he/she has run a large solutions/services business; most likely at a level where they have managed the strategy and business development efforts for a practice in the Financial Services Sector.
o Demonstrable Financial Services/Banking experience
• Broad knowledge of Oracle applications and technology and expert resources; ideally, seasoned and experienced at rolling out Oracle products, globally.
• A respected thought leader within their industry or technical center of expertise.
• Experience developing IT strategies for client organizations and the ability to become a "Trusted Advisor" to senior executives
• Ability to communicate excitement and drive execution to deliver a service to the customer.
• Proven experience being influential and persuasive while advising C-level Executives and Staff.
• Experience working in a large, complex global team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present at the Board and C-level.
• Strong project management and organization skills
• BA/BS degree, at a minimum - advance degree preferred
Resume to email@example.com
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. 12 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.