Almost 129 years ago, Doc Pemberton introduced the world to Coca-Cola. Since then we've provided billions of people the pause that refreshes. We've taught the world to sing, we've been "it," and shown everyone you just can't beat the real thing. It's always been Coca-Cola, and we've opened happiness for generations of Americans. The next decade for us is even more exciting when we look at the potential for growth around the world.
Coca-Cola, the world's most beloved beverage, the universal icon for optimism, continues to grow accelerated volume and value in recent years. This momentum is only the beginning. And while we've returned the brand to growth, we all know that our future will be determined by how well we RECRUIT the next generation of drinkers.
The Global Brand Coca-Cola Strategy Director will have the primary responsibility for developing and implementing the Coca-Cola Global strategy and insuring our brand's future. Key Responsibilities:
- Strategic Thought Leadership & Developing the Global Growth Agenda for Coca-Cola TM: Provide leading strategic thinking by identifying key business opportunities for Coca-Cola TM to achieve 2020 goals. This will involve developing long-term growth strategy for the brand, identifying key business priorities and supporting brand leaders throughout the world to deliver their brand Business Plan. We would need to challenge existing paradigms of thinking to uncover new growth models and brand growth strategies.
- Brand Stewardship & Service: Be the guardian of the Coca-Cola TM brand equity by ensuring a cohesive implementation of the strategy across markets. Develop best practices and learnings to share across the marketing community to accelerate efficiencies, speed, and impact of strategies.
- Building a Global knowledge Base: Lead the insight and knowledge development for the Sparkling Category including unlocking deeper analytical and cohort based human insights; external perspectives from other brands / companies and finding new ways of approaching our key business challenges.
- Category Approval / Company Approval: Support the evolution of the Category and Company strategies by elevating the science, i.e., deeper category analytics and its role in the growth agenda. Lead the marketing implications of the new Shape Choice framework.
- Measure Performance: Track brand performance monthly through in depth- and holistic data analysis by converting general data and findings into applied, specific insights and actions that add value to the business. Communicate and share the analysis thru updates and presentations to senior management.
Lead routines with the global brand community, including global WebEx meetings, Business Council, etc.
Represent the Global Brand team in key forums with customers, bottlers and other stakeholders.
Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate would have either a strong brand strategy aptitude/ work experience or a consulting mind-set / background. We would prefer at least 8+ years of experience in Strategic Planning / consulting or Brand Strategy/ Brand Marketing. We are open to both internal and external talent. They will have the following skills & experience:
Key competencies required in this executive include: Builds Brand Value
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills. Be able to tell a clear and compelling story from data and other sources of brand performance.
- Experience to create / develop break-through thinking to address key market challenges.
- Identifying consumer insights through collaboration with Knowledge & Insights / Brand teams
- Ability to build partnerships and establish trust & credibility across all levels of TCCC Leadership and diverse markets. (preference for Asia)
- Strong ability to collaborate with and influence others to gain consensus & alignment
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills to set a clear direction with inspiration.
- Strategic Planning experience will be a positive bonus. (either within or outside the company)
Key competences for this position are:
- Think strategically to evolve our brand growth model.
- Ability to leverage research results, syndicated sources (e.g. Nielsen), consumer knowledge and other marketing tools/ information into actionable marketing and business building initiatives; interprets and apply information to identify trends and generate new ways of thinking about consumers and our businesses (e.g., intuitive trend forecasting, product innovation).
- Financial Analysis: Knowledge of and the ability to use basic financial analysis related to marketing effectiveness, resource allocations and new business opportunities.
- Brand Marketing Strategy, Strategy Application & Brand Development: Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions for local market activation; knowledge of the strategic alignment between local/global properties and brand strategy; ability to lead the development of growth strategies.
- Thought Leadership
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Develops and Inspires Others
LOCATION Atlanta, Georgia
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top