GCC Coordinators are expected to have experience across many technology disciplines. This role involves the initial handling and resolution of events, incidents and problems across Grainger's Enterprise IT landscape including production networks, systems and major applications; maintaining the highest level of system availability and performance; ensuring that all service levels objectives are met; and working with Level 2 Engineers to quickly restore planned and unplanned Grainger IT services outages. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Proactively monitor and trend IT environments to prevent the occurrence of incidents and problems
- Follow and execute incident, problem, request, release, change, knowledge and continuous improvement processes
- Acknowledge, triage, resolve and escalate IT service events, incidents and problems
- Ensure IT service availability and performance goals and objectives, outlined in SLAs and OLAs, are met on a consistent and continual basis
- Collaborate with GCC staff, vendors and stakeholders to assess severity and scope of events and incidents in order to prioritize resolution
- Escalate to Level 2 Engineers when necessary to resolve incidents and problems
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of GCC standard operating procedures and knowledge articles used by the GCC staff
- Develop and document workarounds that quickly restore IT service
- Support problem management process to prevent recurring events and incidents
- 2+ years of experience working in a Network Operations Center or Command Center environment
- 2+ years of experience working with 24X7 highly-available infrastructures including Unix, Linux, Windows, VMware, EMC SAN storage, and Cisco LANs and WANs
- Experience with IT event monitoring and scheduling tools (i.e.& Netscout, Zenoss, Splunk, Redwood, etc.)
- ITILv3 Foundation certification preferred
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard
- Demonstrate strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment to the job
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment with ability to work on multiple deliverables
- Position requires ability to work across any possible shifts (24 x 7 operations)
- Position requires heavy interaction with global IT teams including developers, information/data security, networking, system administrators, and IT operations.
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.