Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Global Commercial Sales Product/Solutions Instructional Designer - Austin, TX Preferred, remote US possible
The Instructional Designer works with specific sales and business unit teams to assess needs and design/implement training programs, creates training strategies that align to corporate initiatives and objectives, and defines and tracks key metrics that measure results and accomplishment of course and/or program goals.
If you are selected to interview for this opportunity, please be prepared to provide examples of your work using the Articulate Storyline tool.Role Responsibilities:
- Designs and authors sales training deliverables to supplement Global Commercial Sales L&D programs in alignment with strategic sales initiatives; deliverables include eLearning modules, instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, screencasts, etc.
- Facilitates project meetings and maintains overall project plans
- Conducts needs assessments to determine audience requirements and develops curriculum plans to support audiences ongoing knowledge requirements
- Manages internal customer expectations and delivers training deliverables on time and within allocated budgeted
- Ensures regional and cultural challenges are considered and incorporated into training design
- Ensures appropriate consultation with stakeholders for all required training development with necessary agreement and sign off at all stages of the design process
- Builds relationships with relevant groups in order to engage on new programs, initiatives etc. (e.g., Marketing, Product Group, Channel, Sales Operations, Services, Sales Leadership)
- Ensures that all training documents are technically accurate; proofs documentation for consistency with regard to audience clarity, organization, readability and completeness
- Undergraduate degree and 3-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 1-2 years relevant experience with instructional design methodology and creating learning deliverables
- Excellent understanding of adult learning principles and measuring learning outcomes, working knowledge of instructional design concepts, and strong project management skills.
- Strong expertise using Articulate Storyline/Presenter development software for eLearning development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and on teams, as well as lead project teams
- Familiar with Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as online training development and graphics software packages such as Articulate Storyline, Presenter, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Flash, AfterEffects, etc.
- Video production and post-production experience preferred
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Sales Operations Job Family Group
Job ID: R32297