Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is seeking a Global Commodity Managers. The Global Commodity Manager will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
As a Global Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for the hydraulics’ division strategic management of over $100M in annual spend across a group of commodities. Commodities could include Turned Parts, Manifold, Stampings, and/or Special Materials. This Global role will lead the development, management and implementation of sourcing strategies to position Hydraulics to achieve growth, cost, quality and delivery goals.
You will develop, deploy, and execute direct material cost out projects and strategies, which require global coordination with Supply Chain, Product Management, Operations and Engineering.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Develop commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s Hydraulics spend and work with commodity managers in other Eaton businesses to identify synergies to deliver cost benefits.
- Ensure commodity strategies are aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies. Regarded as commodity and market subject matter expert for assigned commodities.
- Build a global strategic supply base that meets the business growth, capacity and performance needs. Manage the supply base to achieve goals working with regional and plant level supply chain and operations functions.
- Initiate, plan, monitor and execute global direct material cost down projects, and build and maintain project pipeline, within a portfolio program management tool. The projects will provide NET 3-5% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
- Lead critical, strategic cost out projects to ensure key cost reduction targets are met and process is maximized to deliver expected results.
- Negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts, Long Term Agreements, cost negotiations and relationships.
- Responsible for supply continuity and risk mitigation for the responsible commodity.
- Conduct Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
- Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
- Manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.).
- Support corporate supply chain programs and initiatives, for example Diversity Spend, International Procurement Office and Supplier Risk Management.
- Develop supply and replenishment strategies that ensure supplier on time deliveries with progressively shorter lead-times.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain, manufacturing, engineering and/or operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA preferred
- Professional Purchasing Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ combined experience in Turned Parts, Manifold, Stampings, or other Special Materials commodities.
- 3 years technical experience in manufacturing and development
- 3+ years’ experience working with global suppliers
- Minimum 1+ years' in Project Management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.