Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Health Technology Lead. The position can be based in any Johnson & Johnson location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Health Technology Lead will play a critical role on a small, nimble team responsible for creating a culture that inspires, celebrates and incentivizes new thinking to help address the world’s most pressing and abiding social issues. Reporting to the Head of Social Innovation, Global Community Impact, this person will lead efforts to design and implement creative solutions for idea and insights gathering, test and learn initiatives, and proven solutions ready to scale. She/he will be responsible for monitoring new trends in the global health technology and social innovation space, and test/iterate how technology and business practices/products can be used as a catalyst for change. Qualifications
This person will be responsible for the following primary areas:
(1) Technology & Digital Health
(2) Health Delivery Innovation
(3) J&J Product and Services Translation
(4) Community Lab Incubator/Accelerator
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Innovation is a core platform to support the Global Community Impact strategy.
This is a new position and a key technical lead in shaping Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact’s strategy in innovative health delivery (including digital/technology) in low-resource settings around the world. In addition, this person will have responsibility for discovering new insights to address public health needs, and testing and launch low-resource applications to J&J products and services (e.g. supply chain, products, etc.).
REPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE DUTIES (Essential Functions)
1. Create and launch a new mobile/digital health & technology strategy for J&J Global Community Impact, working closely with GCI regional heads. Source, conduct due diligence, and review program and leadership opportunities in J&J mobile/digital health and technology space.
2. Identify and drive innovative approaches to health delivery in low-resource settings, working closely with J&J Supply Chain, Marketing and Operations teams.
3. Lead discovery of business insights with J&J operating companies & senior executives and new approaches and application of J&J products and expertise.
4. Conduct landscape analysis and develop strategy for J&J GCI social incubator lab.
5. Source innovation pipeline opportunities by identifying and conducting due diligence for potential innovation grants and programs.
6. Champion a culture of innovation focused on social impact on the GCI team and for Johnson & Johnson.
7. Be a hub of insights and global trends related to health, technology, and products/services as it relates to social impact.
8. Be a global thought leader, advocating for and championing a culture of innovation focused on social impact on the GCI team and for Johnson & Johnson.
• Ability to advise and influence others to build support and evolve points of view.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the cultural competence to be an effective relationship builder with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to think “outside the box”.
• Entrepreneurial and creative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications.
• Project management skills including strategy development, team leadership, budget monitoring.
• A collaborator by nature, able to bring out the best in teammates and willing to be challenged by them in return.
• Balance of analytical rigor and compassion for human health.
• Adept and dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing global health environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• Seasoned leader with a minimum 7 years of experience in field(s) of global health, social impact, community outreach.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs.
• Experience in implementing mobile/digital health programs.
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestic and international.Preferred
• Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function.
• Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.
• Familiarity with J&J businesses and products.
• Living and/or working in a developing country, or significant engagement with development-related context and challenges.
• An Advanced Degree in health, health tech, or health-related field, or commensurate experience.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin AmericaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function