Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Lead North America. The position will be based in New Jersey or North America
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Global Community Impact is embarking on a new strategic direction focused on championing and supporting people on the frontlines at the heart of delivering care. This position will lead one of the four regional teams responsible for delivering the new strategy (North America; Latin America; Asia Pacific; EMEA). This position reports into the GCI Strategy Lead. Qualifications
The NA GCI Lead will be responsible for creating and implementing the Regional Strategy for the US and Canada, jointly with the regional business leadership and in alignment with the overall global strategic GCI framework. This is a senior position requiring leadership, strategic focus, management expertise, personal initiative and excellent relationship building skills in order to start up and grow the GCI footprint and build measurable social and business value. The NA GCI Lead proactively engages, develops and drives new blended value solutions and alliances and masters connecting the dots that enhance the overall equity of Johnson & Johnson, delivering operational and reputational leadership in the region. The Regional Lead is a member of the GCI Strategy leadership team.
1. Inspiring Leader of a dedicated NA team, GCI ambassador and accelerator.
2. A convener and broker for social innovation and health impact through new types of alliances and/or partnerships.
3. Pioneering development of a dynamic strategy and roadmap for the region and goals for the team in close collaboration with the NA governance structure and aligned with GCI global strategy.
4. Management and coordination of annual GCI budgeting process and multiyear forward planning.
5. Provides support and guidance to the regional business led governance structure.
6. Portfolio management with a strong drive for focus and impact that can be replicated and/or scaled.
7. Identifies opportunities and creates opportunities and synergies cross J&J businesses, functions and geographies in the region, both internally and external.
8. Implements a culture of sharing and drives collaboration focused on social impact
9. Drives proactive programme/project planning, builds local capacity and enables strategic information sharing amongst other regional and functional support leads.
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative leader who can also translate ideas into practical applications and inspire teams.
• Proactive, forward looking, constantly moving beyond the status quo and eager to learn, adapt and adjust within a dynamic environment.
• Thrives in mixed functional/sectorial/context settings and has an appetite for new concepts around financing, legal set ups, processes and alliance building
• Solid leadership and teamwork skills.
• Supervisory and managerial skills.
• Analytical, communication and advocacy skills.
• A passion for strategic development, team leadership, financial rigor.
• Ability to work with a diverse set of partners to create blended value solutions, system requirements, and nurture a culture of connectedness.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• Enjoys exploring and testing in a constantly moving dynamic environment.
• Understanding of business fundamentals and strategic direction in order to engage effectively and influence at regional levels of management.
• Exhibit expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sector / region having a significant business impact.
• Communicate expectations of team members and encourage appropriate use of judgment and risk-taking.
• Collaborative, flexible, agile, passionate, self-directed and entrepreneurial in nature and comfortable of operating in virtual structures and networks.
• Can live with ambiguity, is curious, eager to deliver and has a sense of humor.
• Able to travel internationally 20% of time.
Required Leadership Competencies
• Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
• Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation.
• Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address. organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization.
• Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results.
1. Minimum 10+ years of experience in field(s) of social development, social impact, foundation management, community development, community outreach; innovative finance or related business experience.
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Track record of strong leadership and building high performance teams.
4. Network of relationships internally and externally.
5. Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs.
6. Experience working in a different stakeholders settings (private, public, civil sector).Preferred:
1. Master’s degree.
2. Spanish language skills
3. Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function