Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Program Investments Lead. The position can be based at any Johnson & Johnson location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Program Investment Lead will be part of a small, nimble team responsible for creating a culture that inspires, celebrates and incentivizes new thinking to help address the world’s most pressing and abiding social issues. Reporting to the Head of Social Innovation, Global Community Impact, this person will lead efforts to design and implement creative solutions for idea and insights gathering, test and learn initiatives, and proven solutions ready to scale.
This person will be responsible for the following areas (1) social entrepreneurship and intrapraneurship (2) program related investments (3) experiential engagement (4) nontraditional philanthropy.
Purpose of Position
Innovation is a core platform to support the Global Community Impact strategy.
This is a new position and a key technical lead who will pilot innovative ideas and platforms, discover and translate insights into action, and engage with a diverse set of employees and external stakeholders to address public health needs around the world. Qualifications
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE DUTIES (Essential Functions)
1. Source and manage innovation pipeline opportunities by identifying and conducting due diligence for potential innovation grants and programs.
2. Pilot the use of program related investments and blended finance models to ensure organizational health and program sustainability. Originate, source, diligence and execute on program related investments in the health space.
3. Develop partnerships and network with local innovators and social entrepreneurs. Build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas, develop the next generation of thought leaders and build local capacity.
4. Seek and engage Johnson & Johnson “intrapraneurs” globally in social impact initiatives to drive employee engagement, working closely with GCI Employee Engagement lead.
5. Lead experiential engagements with diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
6. Work with colleagues in strategic planning, project management and implementation of innovative ideas, in close collaboration with GCI leaders.
7. Be a hub of insights and global trends related to health, technology, and products/services as it relates to social impact.
• Nimble generalist with desire to be a catalyst for change, and ability to be a quick study in multiple health topic areas.
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications.
• Understanding of organizational growth, scale, and investment in nonprofit & for-profit world.
• Financial or social investment acumen; Ability to source, analyze, synthesize, and effectively present information for a variety of audiences.
• Balance of analytical rigor skills and compassion for human health.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• A minimum 7 years of experience in field(s) of global health & development, financial services or social business.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs.
• Ability to travel up to 20% international and domestic.Preferred
• Knowledgeable in social enterprise or impact investment landscape, or be able to quickly build this knowledge and network based upon a proven track record of applicable prior work experience.
• Innovative grant making or direct investment experience.
• Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function.
• Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.
• Living and/or working in a developing country, or significant engagement with development-related context and challenges is highly desired and valued.
• An Advanced Degree in business administration or finance, or commensurate experience. Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin AmericaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function