Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Partnership and Events Project Manager (Casual Part-Time). The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The position will foster Johnson & Johnson leadership related to supporting people on the frontlines at the heart of care, prioritizing the health workforce, and women’s and children’s health. He/she will coordinate with cross-sector teams including subject-matter-experts, evaluation and advocacy to integrate GCI’s mission and work at global health leadership forums (e.g. Women Deliver Conference, World Health Assembly). This position reports to the Director of Community Insights and Partnerships, Global Community Impact (GCI).
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The position will foster Johnson & Johnson leadership related to supporting people on the frontlines at the heart of care, prioritizing the health workforce, and women’s and children’s health. He/she will plan and lead cross-sector teams to ensure a thought-leadership position at global health leadership forums (e.g. Women Deliver Conference, World Health Assembly). The Partnership and Events Program Manager will have strong knowledge of Johnson & Johnson global partners and our advocacy voice, and apply this knowledge to international leadership events. This position reports to the Director of Community Insights and Partnerships, Global Community Impact (GCI).
By providing insight into global and community health, the Project and Integration Manager is a truly collaborative position that integrates 1) Programs, 2) Outcomes Data, and 3) Advocacy. These functions of the Global and Community Health Insights team require coordination and play a critical role in visibility at global leadership forums, conferences and advocacy settings. The position requires extensive networking and management skills across a broad range of stakeholders. This is a casual part-time position.
Increase GCI’s visibility and thought leadership in key areas core to GCI mission, e.g. health workforce, women & children, innovation, measurement & evaluation (35%).
- Proactively identify and manage visibility platforms and opportunities such as international conferences and opportunities.
- Develop Advocacy Strategies for GCI, especially as they relate to global conferences, as a technical expert and first-line of strategy and review.
- Collaborate with UN Agencies, global health organizations, community-based organizations to influence health priorities and trends through advocacy platforms.
- Analyze platforms (e.g. international conferences) and recommend priority platforms for J&J visibility and thought leadership, and to lift the voices of our partners.
- Develop strategy for prioritization and engagement at global leadership events and international conferences. Create conference plans, panel presentations, abstracts and supporting materials.
Build and manage systems for collaboration and integration on emerging health priorities across a matrix organization (20%).
- Work with senior members of the GCI team to create a system that integrates all functions of GCI to be represented in global forums, including innovation, employee engagement, partnerships and data.
- Support GCI regional and country teams in implementation of the integrated system.
- Identify challenges and solutions in the process and collaborate across GCI global and regional teams for optimization.
Lead or participate on teams of internal stakeholders including Regional Teams, Corporate Equity, Corporate Communications, J&J Global Public Health (25%).
- Identify and manage interdependencies with other strategic initiatives across GCI, Corporate Equity, Global Public Health.
- Identify key internal communications needs and support corporate communications and other communications professionals as needed to develop and implement an internal communication strategy.
- Work with content experts on appropriate communications materials for different levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
General support to Global and Community Health Insights team (20%).
- Conduct Situation Analyses (internal and external environments), review strategic priorities and recommend future direction for strategies and programs.
- Develop reports, white papers, abstracts, briefs and other related documents.
- Expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sectors or geographic-regions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate theory and research into advocacy messaging for a global health and lay audiences.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker with a big picture outlook who can also manage details.
- Ability to develop connections and influence across internal and external sectors, and to sustain cross-sector business and global health teams.
- Business acumen with ability to engage and influence at all levels of management including business leaders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
- Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
- Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
- Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization
- Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relevant experience; or, minimum 8+ years of experience in field(s) of project management, particularly related to: public health and development, corporate social responsibility, or health communications.
• Knowledge of current global public health and development challenges, preferably related to people “on the frontlines of care” such as health workers and women/mothers.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing thought leadership strategy, gaining consensus on a plan, implementing and evaluating.
• Proven ability to coordinate and/or lead multiple stakeholders.
• Successful track record of managing private sector or NGO engagement at large international conferences, advocacy and communications platforms, or multi-sector collaborations.
• Track record of strong leadership and managing high performance teams.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work a balance of assigned and flexible hours to accommodate international stakeholders.
• Ability to attend evening events, weekend events and travel domestically and internationally (min 20%). Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.