Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Regional Manager North America. The position will be based in any New Jersey J&J site.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Global Community Impact is embarking on a new strategic direction focused on championing and supporting people on the frontlines at the heart of delivering care. This position will be in the NA GCI team. This position reports into the Regional Lead. Qualifications
The Regional Manager will support the implementation of the NA GCI Strategy in alignment with the overall global strategic GCI framework. This position requires program focus, project management expertise, personal initiative and relationship building skills that will contribute in a substantial way to the delivery of measurable impact. The Regional Manager is a key member of the NA GCI team and supports the regional governance structure.
1. Develops and manages key partnerships and relationships for US/Canada and engages actively with key stakeholders within the GCI context.
2. Manages operational and project work with the ability to zoom in and out and can work independently and in a timely way.
3. Works within a specific geographic context on partnership development, people engagement and impact investment opportunities with GCI NA team and GCI supporting teams.
4. Convenes and facilitates meetings and events and develops processes and procedures for an effective and efficient execution of the regional strategy, supporting the NA Regional Lead.
5. Creates and works on opportunities that enhance the brand of J&J and impact of the GCI team.
• Open mindset and intellectual curiosity in the field of community impact and social innovation delivering blended value.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Accurate and compliance driven.
• Strong communication and business partnering skills.
• Analytical, communication and advocacy skills.
• A passion for learning and sharing.
• Ability to work with a diverse set of partners to create blended value solutions and thrive in a culture of connectedness.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization building on strong personal values.
• Enjoys exploring and testing in a constantly moving dynamic environment.
• Collaborative, flexible, agile, passionate, self-directed and entrepreneurial in nature and comfortable of operating in virtual structures and networks.
• Curious, eager to deliver and a considerable sense of humor.
Required Leadership Competencies
• Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
• Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation.
• Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization.
• Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in field(s) of social development, social impact, community development, community outreach; social innovation or related business experience.
• Able to travel in the region for 20% of time international and domestic.
• Track record of consistent performance and dynamic work attitude.Preferred:
• Experience working in a different stakeholders settings (private, public, civil sector) and /or virtual teams.
• Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment and capacity to deal with ambiguity.
• Combination with relevant business degree.
• Understanding of US/Canada context and expectations for J&J.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function