Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Senior Manager, Insights and Health Advocacy. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The position will foster Johnson & Johnson thought leadership related to supporting people on the frontlines at the heart of care by: 1) prioritizing and creating content with Global Community Affairs, 2) advocating for GCI global health strategies with priority external stakeholders, and 3) developing innovative communications for employees in partnership with Employee Communications. In doing so, he/she will understand the full breadth of GCI programs, cultivate cross-sector collaborations, and support Regional Teams in communicating the global health value, business value and health outcomes of our work. This position reports to the Head of Global and Community Health Insights, Global Community Impact (GCI).
By providing insight into global and community health advocacy, the Senior Manager of Insights and Health Advocacy supports the GCI team in its efforts to raise visibility of GCI partnerships, programs and outcomes. GCI advocacy is developed in collaboration with Global Community Affairs and applies both externally for global health stakeholders, and internally for employees. This position requires leadership, strong relationship building skills at all levels, organizational ability, and skills leveraging both traditional and digital media.
1. In collaboration with Global Community Affairs (GCA), strengthen J&J’s reputation as a thought leader among global health leaders and global health partners in advancing health by supporting those at the frontlines at the heart of care.
2. Co-create systems for collaboration across a matrixed Johnson & Johnson communications structure including Corporate Equity, Global Public Health, the Content Lab, Employee Communications and other groups.
3. Maintain in-depth knowledge of GCI global and regional program content, particularly in primary areas of investment, including health workforce and women’s and children’s health.
4. Lead advocacy efforts related to our programs or issues of importance to GCI: including the role of the private sector in advancing social impact, the Global Goals, J&J role as a social impact innovator, our employee engagement, and the J&J SDG Commitment.
5. Build a system for knowledge sharing and prioritizing content through collaboration with GCI Regional Teams to advance local program goals.
6. Lead GCI visibility at stakeholder events, including major international congresses (e.g. Women Deliver, World Health Assembly, International Confederation of Midwives Triennial).
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker with a big picture outlook.
• Ability to develop connections and influence across internal and external sectors, and to sustain cross-sector business and global health teams.
• Proven ability to create and manage long-term internal J&J or other corporate relationships, and influence at all levels of management.
• Expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional communications partnerships across sectors or geographic-regions having a significant social and business impact.
• Verifiable ability to successfully manage multiple events and projects against a deadline.
• Proficiency at translating theory, technical and programmatic research into content for employees.
• Expertise at creating advocacy messages for global health (e.g. healthworkers, UN, NGOs, health ministries) and lay audiences.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to communicate in a J&J voice.
Required Leadership Competencies
• Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
• Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation.
• Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization.
• Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in field(s) of public health advocacy in a global setting, message development and content creation.
• Understanding of current global public health and development challenges, specifically related to health workers and women,/children’s health, and ability to translate insights into employee communications and external advocacy messaging
• Full service communications skills including creation of communications plans, message development, websites, speeches, videos, publications, executive positioning, and thought leadership to advance mission.
• Experience developing strategy for global stakeholder events (e.g. conferences, high-visibility meetings) and implementing against the strategy
• Expertise in digital advocacy and media relations.
• Proven ability to work successfully in a highly matrixed organization at all levels.
• Expertise in influencing or leading from the middle.
• Ability to attend evening events, weekend events and travel up (min 25%).Preferred:
• Master’s degree or equivalent in global health communications.
• Proven creative skills in developing innovative practices and programs.
• Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function a plus, including working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.
• Experience in journalism, advertising, PR or media relations.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function