Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Senior Manager of Employee Engagement. This position will be based New Brunswick, NJ or any other NJ/PA J&J location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
This position supports the Global Community Impact global employee engagement efforts, focused on the critical contributions Johnson & Johnson employees make in helping to solve pressing global issues, and supporting local community initiatives. Johnson & Johnson has some of the most engaged and expert employees in the world, when it comes to creating health and well-being locally and globally, and this role supports their efforts. This role also improves employee engagement through employee experiential and learning opportunities, employee volunteerism programs, and employee skills based opportunities to support social impact. This position reports to the Executive Director of Global Community Impact. Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Manager of Employee Engagement will be responsible for managing and implementing the Global Community Impact Employee Engagement strategy for Johnson & Johnson. This is a critical role requiring strategic focus, management expertise, personal initiative and excellent interdependent partnering skills. The Manager will be responsible for the coordination and guidance of key company-sponsored initiatives such as WiSTEM, Bridge to Employment and Vital Voices as well as emerging local and global programming.
• Support implementation of the Johnson & Johnson Employee Engagement strategy.
• Working with a cross functional group of business partners, including HR and Communications, to ensure consistent approach to employee engagement and development efforts across the enterprise.
• Build and help to manage enterprise wide engagement opportunities, including a global engagement platform.
• Create culture of collaboration focused on social impact for the distributed global GCI team.
• Develop local operating framework to coordinate with leaders of our businesses, ERGs and leadership programs across the organization.
• Create working cadence and annual plans in close collaboration with fellow GCI leaders, including Innovation and Strategy.
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills
• Vision with the persistence and drive to mobilize people around a higher purpose.
• Empathy and interpersonal understanding to build mutually beneficial relationships and connect and engage diverse groups of people.
• Project management skills including budget monitoring.
• Ability to work with a diverse set of partners to create problem specifications, system requirements, and implement innovations on a national scale.
• Draws on optimism and strong personal belief in the potential of employee engagement to overcome social and business challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Exhibit expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sector / region having a significant business impact.
• Ability to manage harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• Possess a work style that’s collaborative, flexible, agile, passionate, self-directed and entrepreneurial in nature.
• The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to develop and maintain rapport with employees at all levels throughout the organization and to interface effectively with multiple departments/functions.
• Aptitude to follow external trends from multiple sources to stay current on best in class approaches.
Required Leadership Competencies
• Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
• Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
• Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization
• Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in field(s) of corporate social responsibility, community engagement, philanthropy, social development, employee engagement, or related experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills (including business writing, blogging, copywriting, public speaking, development of web-based newsletters, annual reports, etc.)
• Ability to work in teams and in matrix organizations
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize against multiple deadlines and manage projects at various stages of maturity
• Fluency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel and electronic granting systems such as GIFTS and/or VolunteerMatch
• Adept and dealing with complexity and ambiguity in business environment
• Proven track record of and innovative practices and programs
• 25% travel domestic and international.Preferred
• Experience working in a large global corporate function.
• Experience working in a community-based, non-profit organization.
• Master’s Degree.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function