Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact (GCI) Social Business Practices Regional Leader – NA & LATAM. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ or any Latin American J&J location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
This position leads Global Community Impact efforts to integrate regional social business strategy and practices across the organization to maximize impact and value for Johnson & Johnson. Specifically, this role will be responsible for efforts in North America and Latin America. This position reports into the Social Business Practices Head on the Global Community Impact team.
The Social Business Practices Regional Leader will be responsible for creating alignment and opportunity for social business practice efforts in Johnson & Johnson operating companies and businesses in the region and potentially around the globe. This is a position requiring leadership, strategic focus, management expertise, personal initiative and excellent relationship building skills.
1. Build strategic bridges and virtual networks among social business practices colleagues regionally and globally to maximize impact / value.
2. Partner closely with Regional Leads and virtual teams for blended solutions and alliances to support and champion the people on the frontlines who are at the heart of delivering care.
3. Engage colleagues in developing social business practices action plans by region and by country (as needed).
4. Provide strategic guidance and support on building and expanding community social purpose programs in country/region.
5. Champion an entrepreneurial spirit and solutions-oriented thinking.
6. Share learning / best practices within region and across regions in innovative ways.
7. Collaborate with GCI Employee Engagement team to ignite human capital in country/region.
• Strong, dynamic leadership style and teamwork approach
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications
• Active listener with keen sensibilities to diverse points of view
• Supervisory and managerial skills
• Strong analytical and management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
• Strong business acumen with ability to engage and influence business leaders and colleagues with social business practices responsibilities
• Exhibit expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sector / region having a significant business impact
• Grounded, values-based mindset and a strong track record in social business practices, corporate responsibility or related field
• Self-directed, highly flexible and ability to embrace ambiguity
Required Leadership Competencies
• Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
• Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
• Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization
• Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in field(s) of social business practices, social responsibility, development, social impact, community development and/or community outreach.
• Track record of strong leadership and building high performance teams
• Adept at dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing global health environment.
• Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestic and international
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function.Primary Location
• Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.
• Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese.
• Direct report management.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function