Global Connections Data Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 38631
TCCC has established that investment in media (ie reaching consumers) is a key driver of business results. Today Billions are invested across all consumer connection points including traditional media and the entire digital ecosystem. The global media landscape is changing rapidly as consumer access to technology is generating data, this data is becoming the oil of marketing, and the industry is shifting to data driven marketing.
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
The key challenge of this role is to ensure that we have the right vision and strategy in place to ensure TCCC evolves their marketing practices to leverage data driven marketing. The role requires the implementation and execution of this data vision and strategy through ensuring critical operational governance such as: data standardization across vast number of sources, more than 100 markets across their entire brand portfolio; Providing global benchmarks at a turnaround rate never experienced by our system; translating standard business intelligence into critical benchmarks, analysis, operating principles and foresight to ensure we deliver best possible return on our growing media investment. Executing this vision, strategy and operation excellence, will require leading a data steering committee that will include not only various agency partners, media owners, as well as technology vendors and of course markets with varying abilities from highly sophisticated data and immense complexity to developing markets with severe data gaps.
FUNCTION RELATED ACTIVITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategy and Vision: Lead and continuously evolve global media data strategy to ensure media data solutions for TCCC are current and relevant in highly volitle industry that is changing at extreme velocity. Requires stewardship of data driven decision making across all steps in marketing process, determining right set of data points to determine success and prioritization of measurement needs. Lead data steering committee where all stakeholders are represented (including media agencies, vendors, media owners, markets, K&I, procurement, IT)
• Operations: Accountable for entire media data process:
Manage the collection of Media Investment and performance data from 100+ markets, across entire portfolio of active brands.
Determine and Enforce data standards to ensure globally relevant and comparable benchmarks.
Ongoing evaluation of all data processes, to ensure redundancies are eliminated and that all markets benefit from globally standardized data collection process.
Data Stewardship (validation of data accuracy / certification / managing agency performance based on data submission quality).
Ongoing evaluation and identification of platforms, tools and processes to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency of media data.
Management of data collection and visualization tool: Lighthouse
• Connected Intelligence: Beyond ingestion of data, manager has to ensure that data is available to the organization so that anyone in the organization can access this business intelligence, however manager also leads key projects to generate insights through benchmarking and analytics. This includes:
Publishing and delivery of critical business reports including: Productivity reports (such as P3); Fully Funded media analysis; Data to other sources of data within company - ie K&I.
Providing updated media guidelines and principles based on insights and learnings.
Supporting all projects such as Charters with relevant information with regards to media performance.
Ongoing collaboration with other data driven areas within media such as programmatic media buying and social centers.
• Capability building: Ensure data capability across various levels of engagement with data:
Lighthouse data ingestion and data approval through quarterly calls and demos with all markets both KO media associates and agency partners.
DIQ curriculum: Data module ownership within DIQ workshop; Data action guide to be published annually with DIQ team. Contribution of whitepaper to be published through Marketing in a digital world newsletter.
New data sources - onboard markets in usage of data, or role out of technology.
Media Productivity reviews annually.
Capability through servicing multitude of field requests throughout the year.
Provide analytics and insights for annual Business Planning.
• Stakeholder engagement and management.
• External stakeholder relationships:
Media owners - key contact for data related topics with all media owners, especially digital (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram etc.). Ensure metrics are determined and defined for any new media. Ensure adjustments are made for any change in data from existing media owners.
Media Agencies - ongoing improvement of automated data collection from all agency partners. Evaluation of agency partners for data quality and timeliness.
Vendors: Deliver most effective partnerships with existing partners. Ongoing RFAs to ensure existing partners are benchmarked - or new partners and technologies are identified.
Auditors - to ensure quality of data and implementation of process.
• Internal relationships:
Brand teams: to ensure best possible data provided for relevant projects identified. Provide media insights and analysis to ensure ongoing understanding of dynamics of media environment understood (media mix determination etc.)
Media community: critical partners in ensuring best quality and use of tools.
IT: ongoing support and evaluation of tools and technology
Procurement: most efficient data ecosystem in place not just for global but for all markets that wants to expand on current global offering
Agency Operations: ensure Agency master service agreements acurately reflect data requirements as well as data ownership
Connections team: ongoing collaboration with programmatic and social to ensure one single source of truth across all media types are available to all KO internal audiences
VP of Global Connections and Media - to provide critical insights and recommendations for marketing leaderhship team and Operating committee with regards to TCCC media investments.
K&I - delivering best quality data at right level of granularity - thus ensuring media is correctly represented in variance analysis.
Finance - delivering projects on scope and within budget provided.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Media experience (desirable, but not required)
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Data extrapolation experience
• Experience in media metrics, and potentially digital metrics understanding
• Presentation skills
• Strong attention to details
• Highly analytical
• Curious - to look beyond the brief and proactively provide further information that will be useful (especially to brand teams)
• Ability to translate complex data sets into actionable insights and actions
• Experience in strategic planning - in the space of data
• Ability to translate marketing objectives into defined measureable metrics based on tools / technologies
• Subject Matter Expert with regards to data sources available across media ecosystem
• Tag management
• Working knowledge of technology / tools (minimum 5+, thus not just expert in one particular field - eg. Search)
• Mining of data to understand complex behaviors, trends etc.
• Database architecture
Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top