Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Global Content Editor - # 0034V7
Location – Andover, MA, Foxboro, MA, San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Global Content Editor in Andover, Massachusetts, Foxboro, Massachusetts, San Francisco, California or Chicago, Illinois? This is an outstanding opportunity for you to oversee the global distribution of strategic messaging for Schneider Electric. If you have advanced editing and content development skills, this job is a fit for you!
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
What would some of your responsibilities include?
The Global Content Editor engages with line-of- business, country / zone, and global corporate colleagues, including subject matter experts, to produce, edit, and repurpose compelling, credible Schneider Electric global content. Editorial output consists of brand stories, customer success stories of global relevance, cross business unit transverse stories (i.e., topics such as energy management, automation, buildings, data centers, industry, grid, IoT, sustainability, cyber security etc), interactive content and graphical alternative outputs (i.e. videos, ebooks, infographics), white papers, and Social content. Editorial output will appear in Schneider-Electric.com, in external third party publications, on web landing pages, in blogs and on other relevant social media outlets.
The Global Content Editor is responsible for overseeing the global inventory of Schneider Electric stories, white papers, and customer stories. He or she then repurposes and reformats content in a way that multiple media outlets can be supported. The Global Content Editor will understand and implement corporate editorial standards, write global master asset editorial content, and provide copyediting as needed to ensure consistency of style, tone, brand voice, and grammar throughout all content creation projects. Consultation with technical and marketing subject matter experts, and both business unit and global marketing executives throughout the content development lifecycle will be required.
• When appropriate, manage third party vendors for the creation of compelling textual and visual content.
• Work in collaboration with both Content Strategy, Content Curation, and Operations team colleagues to enable distribution of strategic messaging.
• Drive maintenance and population of the Global Editorial Calendar. Ensure that publication themes align with business priorities and brand themes.
• Ensure that content is relevant, reflective of Schneider Electric strategic goals and Life is On brand positioning, and consistent in format and tone across targeted geographical regions.
• Edit key content for grammar, punctuation, accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
• Understand customer and partner core requirements and develop new and innovative content concepts and ideas that address those requirements.
• Develop and draft content designed to maximize customer response and brand recognition.
• Create and draft timely content that is focused on addressing customer and partner self interest.
• Convert white paper content into alternative formats such as print articles, emails, blogs, web landing pages, tweets and e books.
• Conduct research that supports the development of new and innovative content development ideas.
Do you have these key experiences and qualifications?
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or other related field. Master's degree a plus.
• 8-10 years of experience in writing, publishing, and editing.
• Must have excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
• Published author (preferred) with advanced writing, editing and interviewing skills.
• Experience interfacing with corporate customers and a fundamental understanding of business issues within organizations.
• Must have a basic understanding of energy management and automation.
• Strong editing/proofreading/copywriting skills and the ability to write compelling content.
• Identify and correct errors in grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to write in a variety of styles, adjusting content depending upon the targeted delivery end point (i.e., informal blog vs. formal white paper).
• High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Highly developed listening skills in order to accurately interpret and communicate subject matter expert concepts.
• Resourceful and proactive, with strong organization skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate both business level and technical concepts, with a writing style that engages the reader.
• Conversion of technical data concepts into easy to understand business best practices.
• Ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals including subject matter experts, marketing personnel, line of business management, and executives.
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
At Schneider Electric we want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We embrace a high-performance culture by being straightforward, open, passionate and effective and challenging the status quo.
About Schneider Electric
Satisfaction is not a guarantee - it's a life goal. Schneider Electric™ provides the platform for professional and personal fulfillment, through employee well-being; unique and diverse collaborative teams; challenging roles; continual skill growth; and more. We comprise a 160,000-strong high-performance workforce, and we thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
Global HR is a pretty sweet organization. We have lots of responsibility. Our US business is working on big revenue growth goals this year. We've got about 30,000 people in the US in over 50 locations; the US brings in about one quarter of Schneider Electric's overall revenue. Schneider Electric is listed as one of Forbes™ America's Best Large Employers for 2016.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.