At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global Content Manager for the Personal Safety Division (PSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position will be key in driving Personal Safety Division's (PSD) new products' launches through delivering relevant content and activation strategy. Supporting development of the annual marketing plans, and development of 18 month calendar in line with Area and Global strategy. Making sure full Area/Global alignment. Improving brand execution consistency and efficiency through increased Area PSD marketing collaboration in the development and operation of marketing co-ops.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving PSD new products' launches thru delivering relevant content and activation strategy
- Drive PSD Brand Communication Strategy, with the goal to deepen Familiarity from a high-level area view through the entire Customer Journey at the global level.
- Support development of the annual marketing plans, and development of 18 month calendar in line with Area and Global strategy. Making sure full Area/Global alignment.
- Drive development and deployment of Fully-Integrated Marketing Communications model by consulting Area specific countries in their executions (top priority).
- Drive brand communications excellence through formal training seminars and best practice sharing.
- Improve brand execution consistency and efficiency through increased Area PSD marketing collaboration in the development and operation of marketing co-ops.
- Support development of the activation toolkits for the centrally driven campaigns in the cooperation with the Area and Global
- Leverage existing communication assets and lead Area specific localization in line with the global guidelines focused on the priority segments and portfolio.
- Measure and report performance of centrally prioritized marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) in the cooperation with DRC organization.
- Cooperation with Digital Leaders and business teams from the Area and priority countries, supporting them in local adaptations;
- Cooperation with the DRC Demand Generation Team, Digital Platforms Team and eCommerce team, Product Content Team to create & provide complex multi-level solutions incl. campaign assets, websites, channel activation support, marketing automation campaigns
- Cooperation with Global agencies, 3rd party global partners, providers, managing the process from the global level.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of marketing experience in a consumer and/or customer-driven role
- MBA preferred
- Proven experience solving and communicating complex marketing strategies to cross-functional teams. Must be able to organize large amounts of information and track and meet many competing deadlines.
- Past experience utilizing your understanding of business objectives and assisting in the development of strategy and communication of market direction.
- Prior experience tracking metrics to evaluate effectiveness in reaching target consumers. Must have used consumer research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, consumer/customer segmentation & positioning, product segmentation and sales performance in the past.
- Prior experience writing creative briefs.
- Proven ability to track and manage brand budgets.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions, and outcomes
- Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role
- Collaborates and establishes multi-functional teams across structures dedicated to driving marketing activities
- Proactively solicits and contributes innovative ideas and suggested changes. Generates new ideas in team settings
- Experience gathering and synthesize data to draw insights from primary and secondary sources.
- Ability to identify market trends, and translate them into recommendation for marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to translate information and data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on assessing business issues to develop, manage/execute-learning plans for the assigned core brands
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written/visual) to create and deliver compelling presentations of insights to teams, senior management and key retailers
- Excellent project management skills: Able to prioritize multiple projects with little assistance and execute programs and projects from start to completion
- A team player with strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Experience with Negotiations with External Partners to drive optimized costs
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.