Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024058
External Job Description The Business Entity
Cisco Jasper is a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform leader. Cisco Jasper has designed its industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When companies do this, they become much more than product businesses. They become service businesses, capable of automatically managing their customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 5,000 enterprises in over 20 vertical markets, including many of the world's top brands, choose Cisco Jasper to fast-track their IoT services. Cisco Jasper currently partners with 30 mobile operator groups, representing more than 100 mobile operator networks worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a world-class Product Marketing Strategist - responsible for assessing current and future market conditions and competitive products for Control Center. This role would also be responsible for positioning, messaging and changing customer/prospect dynamics in order to influence and lead successful product commercialization through consistent messaging and branding.
• Build deep knowledge of the market, customers and competitors to guide Control Center product roadmap and strategy
• Create and communicate a market position that is differentiated, defensible and monetizable
• Enable sales with knowledge and tools to drive win rates and Control Center customer loyalty.
• Set Control Center sales customer targets provide content training and programs for chosen targets
• Own and evolve Cisco Jasper's new Product Marketing 2.0 Customer, Value Proposition, Messaging and Content process
• Optimize and manage Control Center KPI`s to measure effectiveness of product marketing.
Specific responsibilities in addition to Product Marketing is to perform lead content governance, quality and impact for product marketing:
• Content Editing: Ensure content consistency aligned to our Content Marketing 2.0 process. To include presentation decks, white papers, blogs and training content.
• Field Sales: Work closely with sales to determine and implement optimal messaging, develop effective stories to drive impactful sales enablement, including pitch decks, white papers, case studies, sales sheets
• Content Governance: Own the product marketing content governance with the goal of consistency, impact and continuous improvement. sales and marketing materials
• Work with company executives in engineering, product management, sales and marketing on product and marketing content strategy and execution
• Customer: Own the definition and understanding of customer buy-teams and customer personas that will drive all of our product marketing actions.
• Value Propositions: Develop simple, memorable value props supported by qualitative and quantitative research based on VoC.
• Features: Partner with product to define the core feature set of the new product offering. Ensure product designed is consistent with the consumer value proposition and needs consideration
• Planning: Own the New Product Introduction process. Create and maintain the strategic marketing plan.
• Industry: Lead the market analysis for the offering or vertical. Maintain competitive landscape and market movements.
• Content: Create outbound product marketing toolkit: Product presentations, web descriptions, hero product visuals, demo scripts, videos
• Outreach: Represent Cisco Jasper as primary product spokesperson and evangelist for industry analysts, the press, at events and occasionally to customers.
Do you want to be part of the next wave of Internet? The Internet of Things is a fast growing market. You'll be at the leading edge of defining and creating compelling product, positioning and messaging around Cisco's IoT technology and solutions. You will be making a significant impact on the overall IoT industry as part of a passionate team that is transforming this industry.
• 15+ years of experience in product marketing in a high tech role, specifically as relating to product and solutions marketing, sales, customer, competitive and market intelligence.
• Networking, IoT technology and/or product management/marketing background
• Strong writing and presentation skills; ability to create content or presentations that are clearly written and succinct, comfortable presenting to small groups, internal stakeholders, and external communities including analysts, press, partners, and customers
• Experience in working with sales and channel teams
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business / Marketing or equivalent experience
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.