About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description Overview: TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo.
At TD Securities, the Global Counterparty Credit function is involved with the origination process for trading and credit analysis and recommendation for the credit/derivative facilities. Global Counterparty Credit enables the various trading desks to transact with counterparties. The group also performs ad hoc reporting and monitoring of the credit risk profile of TD Securities' clients that are users of a wide variety of capital market trading products.
TD Securities offers its U.S. based employees the advantage of working in a highly focused operation, while being part of a major global investment dealer. Confidence in our U.S. operations systems stems from the recognition of our in-depth industry knowledge and from our outstanding credit, structuring, research and distribution capabilities.
At TD Securities, you will learn the financing business and gain a competitive advantage of your own. You will be exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, financing structures and products. You will also work in a team environment, honing the analysis skills and experience necessary to be successful in the industry.
POSITION: Global Counterparty Credit - Summer Analyst
In this capacity you will:
• Assist in the preparation and recommendation of high quality credit submissions relating to new business proposals
• Conduct appropriate market, industry and client credit analysis with clearly articulated recommendations on credit decisions and appropriate borrow risk ratings
• Work closely with other product groups, including TDS Treasury Sales and Trading, TD Securities Cash Management, TDS Trade Finance and other business areas of TD to ensure that credit needs are being met
• Ongoing monitoring of Counterparty' performance and credit exposures, including compliance with authorized credit limits and terms, as well as reporting requirements
• Identify potential problems requiring attention and recommend appropriate actions to best manage the risks in deteriorating credit situations
• Contribute to a strong credit culture of the Credit team by raising issues on credit, reputational and operational risks
• Ensure that credit arrangements adequately balance the risk and return Job Requirements Summer Analysts come from a variety of educational backgrounds; however, a major or significant coursework in a business-related field is required, along with a combination of strong financial/analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Successful candidates must have the capacity to become adept at financial modeling and be able to work effectively in a team environment. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) New York
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.