ES&H Crop Protection Lead description:
The ESH Lead for Crop Protection (all processes or products that fall under agricultural herbicides and other products used to create sustainable and effective control weeds on the farm) is responsible for the definition and implementation of global ESH policies, strategy, plans, programs, and requirements. Using a system-based approach this global role ensures "World Class Performance" at Crop Protection operations for both personnel and Process Safety Management (PSM) programs. This system-based approach also ensures global compliance to the ESH Management System.
Among the major responsibilities is creating strong networks, internal to Monsanto among the Crop Protection ESH and PSM teams, and externally with associations such as the Center for Chemical Processes (CCPS). These relationships and networks will allow for a more synergic approach to best practices, lessons learned, and provide guidance for overall Crop Protection ESH and PSM. This role leads: 2 PSM direct reports and 8 matrixed ESH reports from the United States, Europe, India, Malaysia, Brazil, and Argentina.
This role is located at the Monsanto Global Headquarters in St. Louis, MO., reporting directly to the Safety Global lead Crop Protection, Row crops, Vegetables and Technology Lead. Principal Activities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- In close partnership with Crop Protection Leadership Team (CPLT), provides direction and input on process development activities ensuring ESH considerations are incorporated into business decisions and plans.
- Drive company wide Process Safety Management efforts including strategic planning for improvement in process safety standards and fundamental requirements. This position will oversee PSM global committees, plans and programs, and facilitate the managerial review of the PSM performance.
- Conducts ESH and PSM management reviews with CPLT, identifying opportunities to improve ESH and PSM management effectiveness.
- Actively participate in the ESH regional forums (internal and external) as reference for Crop Protection, identifying regional ESH opportunities and solutions that are essential for full global compliance and global business development.
- Promotes the use of global trend analysis.
- Directs the proper use of root cause incident investigations and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment and materials.
- Analyzes global data and advises appropriate recommendations to prevent new or recurring accidents.
- Provides leadership with a company wide focus on incorporating Human Reliability Performance Principles including Human Design Engineering, Lean and Error Proof Work Practices and Work Place design.
- In partnership with Global engineering leadership, ensures project design processes proactively incorporates aspects of globally recognized ESH best practices
- Establishes and leads global ESH and PSM networks to identify and address common issues, or best practices; ensuring a standard approach to the implementation of corrective measures
- In partnership with ESH Dicamba Lead, ensures synergic ESH approach to new Crop Protection business
- Develop relationships with other companies and associations in the area of safety and health to share best practices, leverage learning/resources and benchmark.
Global Leadership Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree with exposure to ES&H and Process Safety Management with 10+ years experience
- Leadership skills required, include: setting strategic vision, capability to influence others, and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and plans for implementation of policies and key initiatives
- Proven ability to drive implementation of LEAN and (or) Human Performance concepts
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with all organizational levels
- Results oriented with ability to deliver on short-term goals while simultaneously advancing long-term strategy and goals
- Developing People and Team
- Critical Thinking about the Business
- Customer Centricity
- Leading Change
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.