Global Customer HUB Engineer
The role of Global Customer HUB is to receive incoming calls for assistance, manage service requests, monitor specific queues, provide assistance to internal customers and perform translations in accordance with service standards.
The Global Customer HUB engineer will establish relationships with other departments within Oracle to resolve problems and transfer knowledge to both internal and external customers. Position Scope:
- Responds to all incoming calls, from both external and internal customers
- Translates SRs within language scope
- Monitors work queues for exceptions, new SRs and transfers
- Report to a regional Global Customer Support HUB manager
- Works with GRID engineers, managers and other internal resources to facilitate the resolution of customer issues
- Has no direct reports
- Resolves assigned SR's
- Ensure that HUB tasks are handled during active shift
- Provides verbal or written translations when customer requires local language support
- Uses SR quality guidelines when updating and managing SRs
- Monitors specific queues for: unassigned, local language, route failures and exception SRs, routing or assigning as necessary
- Responds quickly to customer requests for escalations by using documented escalation process
- Encourages customers to use English versus local language for SR resolution
- Encourages customers to use customer portal versus phone
- Contributes to continuous process improvement initiatives
- Reacts to system or process issues by contacting responsible technical contacts or reports problem to Global Customer Support HUB manager
- Contributes to process and system development and knowledge management
- Takes ownership and coordinates resolution of customer's service requests in local language
- Maintain knowledge of current Oracle business flows and ensures that team resources act in the same way
- Operate in line with Customer Service HUB business processes and procedures
- Provides the best possible translation for both customer and GRID engineer using collaboration methods as necessary
- Manages queue and SRs to provide the highest level of customer service within standard support guidelines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Adapts to change easily
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Solution oriented
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Customer focus
- Influencing and negotiating
- Working globally
- At least 4 years work experience with a minimum of 2 years customer support experience
- Strong understanding of customer service principles
- Proven experience in an application software environment working with Oracle Applications and/or Oracle Server Technologies is not necessary but would be considered an advantage
- Language Skills: English plus Spanish or Portuguese or Japanese or Korean.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Associate Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide level one support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means).
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. As this is an entry-level technical position at Oracle, a technical degree is preferred i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA. OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.