Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for Global Database Technical Manager within its Global Technology Services organization. This position will be based out of Raritan, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The role of Technical Database Manager requires a deep technical background to manage our global core Database technologies as well as understanding of Open Source Solutions. The role is a combined development and operations (DevOps) role to drive key company initiatives and capabilities to maintain new levels of efficiency, agility, control, and recoverability of all environments with the technical expertise in engineering and operations across Johnson and Johnson, worldwide.
• Drive Global Strategic Initiatives and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to guide and interact with IT and business partners in cross-sector collaboration and participate in peer workgroups and conferences where industry trends and best practices are discussed.
• Execute delivery of DBaaS(Database as a Service) initiatives.
• Possess a full knowledge of day-to-day operations to identify opportunities for optimization to reduce or eliminate database process inefficiencies.
• Provide guidance and support of day-to-day operations to the managed service team.
• Partner with and evaluate external vendors to influence capabilities of commercially available products to better meet J&J needs and align to the strategies.
• Clearly communicate and drive to closure project efforts with minimal over site for critical complex initiatives related to the platform, such as requirements gathering, scheduling, resource planning and budgeting thru to deployment.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior team members. Provide input to performance evaluation and development planning for junior team members.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in each DBMS technology to drive to “root cause” in Critical Response incidents.
• Participate in technical discussions and evaluate material being presented and understand overall impact to operations and support.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree is required.
• Minimum of 8 years of industry experience is required.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in hands on management of relational databases (Oracle and SQL Server) on enterprise-level server platforms is required.
• Minimum of 8 years Database Administration experience within a large-scale, global organization is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with VMWare, VRealize, VCloud, Windows, HPUX, or Linux platforms is required.
• Knowledge on Postgres or other Open Source Database solutions is preferred.
• Professional certifications in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server are a plus.
• Knowledge of infrastructure support tools for DBaaS, for administration, configuration, job scheduling, monitoring, automation, auditing, and security is preferred.
• Expertise in areas of database security, compliance, backup and recovery of database platforms for the Enterprise is required.
• Experience in the delivery of DBaaS(Database as a Service) is required.
• Experience with software installation and configuration is required.
• Previous experience and ability to work with managed service teams is required.
• Expertise in Microsoft office suite is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a 24 x 7 support model is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong collaboration, team-building skills are required.
• An in-depth knowledge of SDDC (software defined data center) where all infrastructure is virtualized and delivered as a service is required.
• VMware knowledge is required.
• Experience in JIRA is preferred.
• Ability to utilize PMP methodology, SCRUM methodology, and DevOps in day to day work is required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms is required.
• Ability to create business cases and budgets is required.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.