GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Global Direct Buy Manager for Hospital/Image Center and Broker asset acquisition will acquire deep regional market knowledge, understand industry techniques, and build relationships to drive competitive equipment bid prices for hospitals/imaging centers, brokers & leasing co. A global broker bid process will be key to ensure regional efficiencies when bidding on global assets.
This person will work closely with the Global Valuation Leader, Pricing Support manager, Regional Asset Recovery leaders & Global Sourcing to provide a comprehensive array of asset recovery buying solutions. Assets not recovered through trade-in will be pursued by the Global Spot Buy Leadership team to help us achieve 100% asset recovery for desired assets. The Spot Buy Leader must hold a high degree of integrity and ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws relating to HCP transactions. Additional responsibilities include (not limited to):
• Negotiate equipment acquisitions with various customer types on a broad geographic basis and wide OEM and modality base
• Develop supplier relationships and partnerships to support asset quick de-install, testing, and buying.
• Build network of asset recovery sources such as global leasing co., brokers, and clinics.
• Manage lead generation team to identify buying leads leveraging internal IB data base and sales tools such as SFDC, CRM, service contracts and National account hospital purchasing departments.
• Drive relationships with brokers to ensure GE becomes a "first choice"
• Establish processes with internal sales leaders to ensure "no asset is lost"
• Work with GE Sales leadership and customer leadership to establish an enterprise-wide asset recovery approach
• Develop key performance metrics and drive team performance to accomplish company objectives
• Develop and build a global supplier network to support spot buy purchasing, testing, storage, and acquisition of assets working with brokers, banks, and other 3rd party solutions.
• Collaborate with harvest and GoldSeal operations to ensure sustained delivery of assets at competitive pricing, by working closely with the valuation leaders, ELS Modality managers and regional asset recovery leaders.
• Lead and coordinate actions with a distributed global workforce and ensure coverage of asset recovery
• Excellent communicator (at the CXO level)
• Establish programs with marketing leadership support to drive awareness and adoption of asset sales to GE.
• Bachelors Degree and 5 + years purchasing experience
• Familiarity with various contract offerings/options
• Prior negotiations and commercial transaction experience
• Prior sourcing experience setting up and qualifying suppliers.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and projects simultaneously with inflexible timelines
• Objective, collaborative approach; ability to adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Self-starter with proven ability to deliver operational excellence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interface and influence at multiple organization levels.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
• Open to change and adapting to new environments.
• Willingness to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
• Willingness to travel up to 20%; including overnight stays when needed.
• Willingness to take a drug test.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Quality Specific Goals
1. Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPAA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken.
2. Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken.
3. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
4. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
5. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
6. Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
• BS Economics, Business Admin or Finance
• 5 + years Global purchasing experience
• Experience working in the equipment acquisition industry.
• Experience working with C-suite hospital leadership and internal sales executives
• Familiarity with GE's culture, matrix organization, and business environment
• Experience in global, cross-cultural, and cross-functional work environments.
• Proven experience in the healthcare industry.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, including MS Excel, Powerpoint and Access
• Black/Greenbelt certified.
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.