Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of medical/scientific information used in the creation of external communications and promotional materials for the US Operations and Global HQ Marketing.
Responsible to lead creation and delivering of customized Medical Information contents for assigned products to enable implementation of the Global Medical Affairs Strategy and the medical education needs of the Global Medical Affairs personnel.
Responsible for providing accurate, balanced and medically relevant medical information contents through the Professional Information Request system, to respond to unsolicited inquiries from Health Care Professionals in the US for assigned products.
Responsible for providing medical and therapeutic consultation to Business Leaders and other stakeholders
Collaborates effectively with peers, stakeholders, and Medical Strategy Leads to support the implementation of the Medical Affairs Plans and Product Development Plans for assigned products. Qualifications:
- MD or equivalent with post-graduate training (residency) in Adult or Pediatric Infectious Diseases or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical practice / clinical research and / or academia in relevant Medical Fields: Infectious Diseases, Virology, Microbiology or equivalent.
- Board Certification is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, medical writing experience, well developed communication skills, including the presentation of scientific/technical information.
- Solid Collaboration and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both vertically and horizontally.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Pharmaceutical Medicine Certification or previous work experience in Medical Affairs, highly desirable.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement