Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Ensures the accuracy and clinical relevance of medical information contained in all external communications and promotional materials both for the US Operations and for Global Marketing.
Creates medical information contents for assigned products, in collaboration with the Senior Scientific Specialists and the US and Global Strategy Leads, to support the product's Global Medical Affairs Plans.
Creates a medical training curriculum for assigned products and coordinates content creation and delivery to meet the medical training needs of Global Medical Affairs personnel.
Provides accurate, balanced and medically relevant medical information in response to unsolicited questions received from Health Care Providers, following the Professional Information Request (PIR) process for assigned products.
Provides expert consultation on relevant medical aspects and clinical considerations to Marketing and Marketing Communications leaders
Collaborates effectively with peers, stakeholders, and Medical Strategy Leads to support implementation of the Medical Affairs Plans. Qualifications:
- MD or equivalent, with post-graduate training (residency) in Neurology, Gerontology, Psychiatry or Internal Medicine.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, experience in medical writing and presentation of scientific/technical information.
- Solid teamwork and collaboration / negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both vertically and horizontally.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice / clinical research and / or academia.
- Experience in Alzheimer's Disease and clinical management of sleep disorders / insomnia is highly desirable
- Medical Affairs certification or previous work experience in Medical Affairs, Medical Information or similar roles in the Pharmaceutical Industry are highly desirable.
- Board Certification is a plus.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement