Global Emerging Market Credit Analyst - Senior Associate/Vice President
Company: Morgan Stanley
Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 22, 2017
Reference ID: 3102468
Morgan Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has over 600 investment professionals around the world and $447 billion in assets under management or supervision as of September 30, 2017. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Based in New York, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is seeking a Global EM Credit Associate/VP to cover company/sector research and make investment recommendations for institutional account portfolios. The individual will be responsible for analyzing company credit risk and making relative value selections on companies in the new issue and secondary markets.
• Perform financial and credit analysis of companies within coverage countries/sectors
• Prepare financial forecasts, comparable company analyses and valuation models
• Develop relative value opinions on credits and individual debt securities
• Write and defend credit investment recommendations
• Monitor market developments and quarterly financial performance of names to determine credit pricing impact
• Work with portfolio management and trading to recommend portfolio position sizing
• Work collaboratively with other researchers, including sovereign and sector analysts, to develop credit views for the broader fixed income team.
• Assist in gathering and analyzing industry and macro data to identify trends and help develop broad views of corporate credit and sector allocation
• Extensive usage of Excel, Bloomberg, Capital IQ and other technology applications
Qualifications and experience:
• The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in evaluating investment-grade and high-yield corporate credits and making investment decisions.
• He/She must have experience covering Latin America Corporate Credit markets, while some experience in covering EMEA credit markets also, would be a plus.
• Ideally the candidate will be fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages such as Portuguese would be helpful but is not essential.
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate well-developed fundamental value and relative value skills and will have a strong knowledge of credit analysis, financial accounting, complex capital structures, high yield covenant packages and basic bond portfolio management
• Strong Excel skills, advanced modeling, financial forecasting, effective writing and communication and facility with technology applications are musts
• Proven academic and professional achievement
• Progress toward or completion of a CFA a plus