The Director, Global Environmental Sustainability, will be accountable for ensuring that PepsiCo's meets our environmental sustainability goals while continuing to desired economic and social value proposition for the business. This global leader will be accountable for development and deployment of initiatives that drive sustainability into PepsiCo's business processes, enabling innovation while ensuring a reduced environmental footprint in alignment with PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose goals. In order to be successful, the leader in this position will need to work closely across many global functions and with senior executives across the organization. Accountabilities:
- In collaboration with sector and global Environmental Sustainability teams, identify, develop and deploy solutions, directly and through partnerships, to deliver positive environmental impact throughout PepsiCo's value chain
- Identify and drive implementation of environmental best practices and key initiatives by partnering closely with Global R&D, Operations, Procurement, Global Sustainability, PepsiCo Design Function, Consumer Insights, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain
- Partner across the organization to drive achievement of PWP Planet goals
- Develop and drive implementation of the global roadmap to achieve PWP goals of 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions across the entire PEP value chain.
- Develop and drive implementation of the global roadmap to achieve PWP goals for Positive Water Impact, specifically:
- Establish PEP's approach to Watershed Replenishment - define baseline, water benefit calculation methodologies, and approach to project identification & implementation.
- Liase with PPGA team to establish PEP approach to watershed collaboration and local water governance advocacy programs
- Embed environmental sustainability into innovation processes, including Stage Gate.
- Global SME to all relevant partners regarding climate, water and waste expertise
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Global Procurement to ensure integration of environmental sustainability strategic priorities.
- Support negotiations and external partnerships to deliver cost effective programs and enhance PepsiCo reputation in this area
Qualifications/Requirements Critical Experience required in Role:
- Manage lean team to effectively and efficiently support PepsiCo's current and future environmental strategies
- Lead closely-connected Global Environmental function to disseminate trends, approaches, and key best practices for environmental sustainability across our portfolio
Skills and Experience:
- Deep technical environmental sustainability experience in consumer packaged goods industry with a strong understanding of key environmental sustainability opportunities and challenges for the food and beverage industry
- Proven experience implementing global strategy and design through matrixed organization.
- Results oriented people leader with ability to develop and implement strategic vision, as well as influence strategic direction of the organization, align business partners and senior leaders.
- Comfort navigating and driving change in a complex, matrix environment and proven ability to design, manage, and influence team across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental and/or Engineering Sciences or related field with 10+ years of experience leading global initiatives.
- Preferred Advanced degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Solutions driven leader with ability to drive and support a global agenda with focus on building worldwide leadership capability in environmental sustainability.
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility
- Ability to work across an extended matrix of leaders in order to successfully ensure environmental sustainability is embedded across the PepsiCo system
- This role can be virtual for the right candidate
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.