Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
SSGX is seeking a highly qualified Senior Project Manager to assume a leadership role in our Professional Services Team. The selected individual would assume responsibility for project schedule, budget and risk issues as well as supervision and mentoring of staff. Responsibilities:
- Own the creation of detailed project plans,
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, governance and deliverables
- Lead client engagement, as primary point of client contact, during the life of the project
- Ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, accountability and joint agreement of plan
- Define resource requirements and ensure sufficient resources are available, secure resources as needed and perform capacity planning within and across projects
- Manage across organizations (internal and external)
- Drive the execution of the plan, including all tasks, deliverables and milestones
- Ensure completion of milestones, deliverables and overall plan on time and budget
- Manage scope and change request process
- Actively manage the plan to identify and manage risk before issue evolution
- Own resolution and escalation of risks and issues
- Communicate status, progress, risks, expectations, time lines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients, team members and internal management
- Manage multiple client projects simultaneously
- Initiate and participate in SSGX business improvement efforts, including process improvements and standardization projects.
- Identify new opportunities, Contribute to revenue and sales targets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and thorough with granular attention to detail
- Discipline in persistent drive of execution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment, secure team and stakeholder buy-in, and motivate team to accomplish goals and objectives
- Possesses sufficient subject matter knowledge to identify opportunities for change in current practice
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or Accounting.
- Proven project management experience in either financial sector or software implementation environment.
- PMI or PMP certification (preferred)
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.