Please note this is a virtual position. Candidate can reside anywhere with airport proximity
• Primarily responsible for accelerating the rate of sales growth and profitability for strategic customers by partnering with the US National Account Teams and Global Export Sales Leaders to identify, manage, and close global export opportunities.
• The candidate must achieve sustainable sales and profitability growth by negotiating, closing, implementing, and ensuring compliance to agreements with multinational customers; particularly within the Manufacturing and Natural Resource segments.
• Proactively initiate new export customer relationships. Enhance and nurture existing customer relationships within the US National Accounts.
• Manage a total portfolio of multinational customers totaling $16M-30M+ in annual sales.
• Develops, maintains and manages account relationships through regular contact and advocacy.
• Provides leadership and direction to customers and business partners pertaining to global export sales.
• Candidate must proactively deploy account strategies and drive demand generation activities that will significantly increase sales, profits, and internal awareness for global export capabilities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proactively manage the development of the National Accounts global export account strategy plans. Must manage to clear objectives, expected outcomes and construct plans to achieve them.
• Partner with the Large Customer National Account team and Global Export Business Leaders to recommend and select a strategic portfolio of target customers.
• Research, analyze and assess the business needs of each assigned account to determine how Grainger can best align itself as the partner of choice for all current and future international MRO procurement supplies.
• Negotiate profitable opportunities with both new and existing US national accounts.
• Develop and implement value-added programs and metrics that align the customer's business objectives with our value proposition.
• Lead the selling process including establishment of contract scope, alignment of company value proposition, contract implementation and volume commitments for global export.
• Position represents the highest selling role in the export organization and is required to excel with the largest, most complex, and most challenging accounts.
• Grow relationships to a higher level of penetration; measured by rate of revenue growth, executive level contacts, penetration rates by region, and overall share of customer spend.
• Lead negotiations of multi-million dollar contract agreements for Global Export that determine deal profitability and compliance to export volume commitments.
• Rigorously implement the sales management system to ensure key expected behaviors and activities are met.
• Partner with Grainger in-country international businesses to help identify export and cross border opportunities; ensures the facilitation and execution of global sales opportunities.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bi-lingual Spanish communication skills preferred.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent business experience, MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience selling a structured value proposition.
• Strong strategic sales leadership and negotiation skills.
• Ability to get things done in a highly cross functional matrix environment.
• Solid team player at all levels of organization.
• Demonstrated executive presence; ability to engage at all levels internally and externally.
• Proven international strategic sales experience preferred.
• Financial acumen with strong P&L / Balance Sheet experience.
• Demonstrated customer facing experience.
• Proven ability to understand trends in industry and customers.
Demonstrated achievement in the following skill and competency areas:
- Integrity & trust
- Strategic account management
- Leadership skills (direct and virtual)
- Managing sales performance
- Building & maintaining C-Level customer relationships
- Customer focused
- Strong cultural awareness
- Business and financial acumen
- Drive for results
- Action oriented
- Negotiating skills
- Priority setting
• Ability to use Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP and SalesForce.
• Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.