PepsiCo is one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, with 2015 annual revenues of more than $65 billion. The company employs approximately 278,000 people worldwide, and its products are sold in over 200 countries. Its principal businesses include: Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola beverages, Gatorade sports drinks, Tropicana juices and Quaker foods. The PepsiCo portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in annual retail sales.
The PepsiCo Global Snacks R&D Extrusion Department enables PepsiCo's commitment to meet consumer needs for a spectrum of snack foods across the globe. This department of innovative scientists & engineers lead breakthrough research & development programs that deliver innovation, productivity, & global brand stewardship to grow our established multi-billion dollar extruded snack category. This impacts many global & local brands, such as Cheetos.
This role requires application of fundamental engineering principles in combination with a creative mindset to develop novel process solutions. The desired candidate will have strong technical skills to work on complex projects from local pilot scale to commercial scale across the globe. Strong collaboration skills with PepsiCo colleagues and external experts are essential. The position is located in Plano, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) at Frito Lay Headquarters' Research and Development Center. Job Description:
- Utilize engineering and scientific methods to invent novel extrusion technical solutions for multi-regional deployment within PepsiCo.
- Design and install pilot scale equipment necessary to demonstrate advantages of new processes technology and create innovation possibilities.
- Define new capital requirements, specify unit operation performance criteria, and qualify new installations at commercial scale.
- Lead global brand stewardship to maximize the scale advantages for PepsiCo's existing businesses.
- Lead overall project agenda including: technical approach, setting timelines and budgeting.
- Leverage external and internal experts for key scientific, analytical, and sensory research.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on new processes and estimate the potential business value.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and food processing equipment and leverage vendor expertise to implement new technologies
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Operations, Purchasing, Engineering and Regional R&D teams to scale successful processes to commercial production scale.
- At least BS Engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical, Food) and 7+ years' R&D experience with 4+ years' extrusion process development
- Experience in mechanical design, metallurgy, & modeling is desirable.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively manage complex projects and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven skills to be self-driven and advance technical projects by leveraging internal & external subject matter experts
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions.
- The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing scale environments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Possess a formal and informal network with federal and state agencies, professional and research organizations, and universities.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.