At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global Fall Protection Application Specialist for the Personal Safety Division (PSD), located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Global Fall Protection Application Specialist will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to global customers, distributors, 3M personnel, and new product development teams for 3M's Personal Safety Division (PSD) fall protection products.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical service and support of 3M customers, distributors, application engineers, marketing and sales representatives with regards to fall protection equipment.
- Developing relationships with key accounts, key opinion leaders and relevant trade groups to increase awareness for the need for fall protection while working at heights and in confined spaces, and the proper selection and use of fall protection products.
- Coordinating International Fall Protection Application engineers, including communicating and training on key initiatives and product information as well as communicating global AE's status and opportunities to the Home Division.
- Conducting industry presentations, seminars, technical conference presentations on safety while working at height, fall protection technologies, product selection and use and maintenance.
- Product and NPI involvement including working with cross functional teams to identify and develop products, assisting in product field evaluations, assisting with claim substantiation and developing educational materials including written articles, webinars, seminars, videos, posters, datasheets, and technical data bulletins.
- Coordination of Global Fall Protection Customer and 3M personnel visits to 3M and Red Wing sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined experience with fall protection and/or occupational health and safety experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Occupational Safety or closely related science discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in Fall Protection, Safety or Environmental and Occupational Health
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience working in Fall Protection, an environmental health and safety profession or administering fall protection programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and be proficient at oral and written communications, including presenting to large groups
- Customer-focused self starter who can effectively work in a fast paced environment, with an appropriate sense of urgency
- New product commercialization experience
: Red Wing, MNTravel:
May include up to 40% domestic/international travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.