*Title: *Global Field Enablement Curriculum and Assessment Specialist, Technical (Content)
Location: Plano, Texas
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you get excited and passionate over curriculum and enablement? Do you want to make an impact with the various field teams and help bring them to the next level? If you answered yes to these question, then we may have a home here for you at Splunk! In this role you will get to review curriculum and passionately design and maintain assessment tests and activities to drive knowledge, efficiency, and productivity in a growing organization. You will work directly with the Director of Global Field Enablement Content and other Enablement Leaders to review the instructional effectiveness of curriculum and use your expertise for improvement.
You will have fun and collaborate with various constituencies to improve a world-class field training regimen for both new hires and existing sales teams and partners. You will consistently review Technical content for learning programs, paths and existing assessment across Technical roles (such as Customer Support, Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Success Manager)
- You will design and assess on-the-job practical testing, online exams, and practical labs and assessments such as Stand and Deliver performance testing)
- Monitor results of assessments and facilitate a closed loop process to improve assessment activities and establish processes to review existing online classroom content for effectiveness in knowledge transfer and make recommendations for enhancing
- Work with Sales Operations Analyst to ensure tracking and monitoring of assessment completion)
- Write new test questions, evaluations, and practical assessments on content in each curriculum
- Attend regular meetings with leaders regarding developing new content and updating existing content
- Develop and improve on onboarding and new learning paths for worldwide individual contributors, management and partners; assemble content that contributes to faster ramping of employees and differentiates Splunk
- Maintain question banks and continually update to reflect content changes
- Train Subject Matter Experts for assessment item drafting and review
- You have at least 5 years as Testing Content Designer, Curriculum or Assessment Specialist, Instructional Designer passionate about testing, or other similar career path
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing technology company
- Extensive experience in test and assessment design and creation
- Familiarity with Go To Market Technical Roles and acumen
- Experience with how automated labs can be designed for accessing technical competency
- Proven history and positive reputation of showing on-the-job, performance-based improvements based on testing approaches
- Extensive experience reviewing online and classroom content for instructional effectiveness
- Knowledge of rapid instructional design and training development, with an emphasis on technical training
- Experience working with multiple testing systems and Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of industry successful standard methodologies in assessments for education transfer
- Familiarity with enterprise software sales and channel sales
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form successful relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strong documentation, writing, and test writing skills
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, accept feedback from collaborators, and work across functional teams - internally and externally, in-person and virtually
- Dynamic and engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across difference audiences and skill levels
- Understanding of and experience with global cultures
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.