Support global process for managing genetic material transfers between Monsanto and external parties, serving as an alternate GMTR process lead.
o Become knowledgeable about and manage the logistics of the GMTR process:
• Review genetic material transfer requests (GMTRs) to ensure they are clear, complete and correct, and include all required documentation;
• Circulate GMTRs to relevant stakeholders for approvals.
• Track the approval status of GMTRs, keep requester's informed, file approved GMTRs and forward them to appropriate TAT/ Law teams to prepare transfer agreements.
o Maintain the Breeding Agreements Repository (BAR) by assigning document reference numbers to completed agreements, uploading them to BAR and maintaining a summary of all agreements.
o Support development of and transition to an automated GMTR process using Nintex; train users and stakeholders how to use the new process; develop and implement other process improvements.
Support global TOU process for new imports of externally-sourced germplasm for Row Crops Breeding.
o Schedule and participate in periodic meetings with the germplasm IP review team to determine/confirm appropriate TOU.
o Once confirmed, communicate TOU to requesters and the relevant import managers.
o Maintain master database of TOU codes.
o Recommend improvements to the TOU import process; make updates to the TOU SOP as needed.
o Collaborate with Import Optimization and Data Governance teams to improve TOU process
o As time allows, audit Breeding's compliance with TOU.
Assist with developing updated CBT that equips users to follow the GMTR and TOU processes.
Assist with other Germplasm IP Stewardship responsibilities as time allows
• Masters degree in plant breeding, plant genetics, agronomy, biology or related field.
• Strong writing, listening and oral communication skills to interface with stakeholders globally
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and to handle appropriately
• Ability to create training materials and conduct training sessions for process users
• Experience with creating and maintaining databases including Sharepoint.
• Experience with process development, process improvement and process management
• Familiarity with Nintex, including ability to program in Nintex and develop related work flows.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.