We have an exciting opportunity for a Director/Associate Director - Global HAE Portfolio Marketing. This individual will be responsible for supporting the strategic and tactical planning of our in-line HAE portfolio and how the Shire Brand is represented to all customers including Health Care Professionals and Patients. This cross-functional leadership role is essential to grow Shire's strong leadership in HAE and can allow for personal development within and also beyond this role in a dynamic, performance-driven organization.
The Global Commercial Lead with set the commercial strategy and lead the Global Commercial Team across all aspects of the development and implementation of global launch plans for the Oncaspar line of products by working cross functionally with key members from Global and Local teams within the following functions: Regulatory, Patient Access, Advocacy, HEOR, Pricing, Manufacturing, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. The Global Commercial Lead will also work closely with country teams to ensure successful launch of products.
Excellent skills in influencing, as well as cross-functional collaboration, are needed. Excellent coordination and creative problem solving are essential for this person to be able to work both inside and outside the organization to effectively be able to show results. The person in the role should have the ability to understand market trends, financial data, and customer needs along with the assessment of competitive intelligence data.
• Drives the Portfolio planning & development of all strategic content to accomplish Brand Portfolio objectives globally. With a distinct focus on the in-line product offerings.
• Identifies methods to achieve continued growth in brands that consistently exceed their sales targets YOY and gain acceptance across all regions world-wide.
• Manages all internal communications among various stakeholders in order to meet the global goals for the brands
• Creates and leads the execution of action plans to expand our global reach for our portfolio
• Partners with Marketing colleagues at the regional and local country level in order to further maximize our reach internally in the organization
• Collaborate and works with senior leaders in the planning and development of annual Strategic and Brand Plans
• Identify, develop, and implement opportunities to improve overall disease education in order for Health Care Professionals and Patients to truly understand the burden of HAE
• Identify, develop, and implement opportunities to best position Shire's complementary portfolio of products and services
• Provide clear direction on tactics required to support the Brands Strategies and develop global campaigns for implementation WW
• Align with all cross-functional global stakeholders to collectively achieve the Brand Portfolio Objectives
• Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure achievement of assigned objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of programs and tactics to achieve those objectives
• Proactively seeks input across the regions to provide best practice sharing in order to achieve growth for the portfolio.
• Serve as key source of knowledge of the therapeutic area, the product(s), the competition and the factors that may change the market in the future. Monitor competitive trends and suggest appropriate action to better position products.
• Work with cross functional team to establish an effective life cycle management plan
• Develop and execute thought leader influence map/relationship plan.
• Work collaboratively with in house and outsource partners to research market needs and opportunities. Represent these to Senior Management and/or product teams and help to interpret data producing sound decision-making.
• Ensure regulatory and legal guidelines are followed
• Oversight of agency management and partner relationships
• Set and manage commercial budget and to within =/- 5%
• Ensure pull through and roll out materials to countries based on a carefully orchestrated plan to ensure that the execution is flawless across the globe
• Effective interaction with KOLs to understand disease state, unmet medical needs, and therapeutic trends
• Contribute to a high performing team culture that inspires purpose driven performance by transparency in sharing information, honoring commitments, sharing opinions openly, keeping confidences and unity around shared decisions
• Build and foster meaningful relationships and interactions with cross-functional team members (including GPS colleagues, US and Intl Commercial marketing teams)
• Contribute to the alignment of strategy and communication across teams
• Ensure that all compliance guidelines are instituted on each material developed and the appropriate process is followed without exception as noted in Shire's Code of Ethics.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree - MBA preferred
• 7+ years of experience in the specialty pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry; demonstrating progression of responsibility
• Orphan Commercial experience is a plus
• Proven experience in professional marketing and/or brand planning
• Field sales and/or in-line brand management experience required
Other Job Requirements:
20-30% International Travel
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.