About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
The Director, Talent Acquisition is responsible for all GMS (Global Manufacturing and Supply) internal/external hiring activities globally. She/he manages a team of internal and external resources based in multiple locations. The role reports to the Global Head, Talent Acquisition. Partners closely with the Business Leaders, HR Business Partners, Executive Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and the Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence. This role is responsible for developing and executing hiring plans to efficiently fill vacancies with internal and external talent, utilizing best practices in full life-cycle recruitment, including effective Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) management. This role will also help lead and implement our evolved global talent acquisition model, influencing attraction, selection and hiring decisions using acute business acumen and organizational knowledge, combined with deep expertise of the external labor market. Primary Responsibilities:
Additional responsibilities within the GMS TA function include:
- Implementing strategies to achieve quality of hire, time to fill and diversity targets
Engaging with the business and participating in senior leadership meetings to increase knowledge and ability to differentiate BMS from key competitors.
- Managing people, resources and other critical tools to achieve high levels of performance and improve operational effectiveness.
- Accountability for global external talent pipelines.
- Accountable for development and execution of global hiring plans
- Delivery of executive recruitment and partnership with Executive Recruitment COE
- Utilizing the Employment Brand to effectively market opportunities to external prospects and enhance rapport over the long-term.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition budget.
- Must be able to analyze recruitment metrics and design strategies based on outcomes.
- Provide the overall strategic direction for the design and delivery of talent acquisition hiring plans for geographically dispersed roles
- Leverage on his/her superior Market understanding and knowledge to inform and influence BMS recruiting strategy, staffing decisions, program designs and leadership ability to differentiate our Company
- Proactively integrates global perspective in the development of strategies, processes, and metrics to unify the Talent Acquisition function in relevant locations. It brings solutions to increase return on investment and efficiencies across the region and BMS
Ensuring adherence to compliant recruiting and hiring practices in all transactions.
- Support Business priorities and company mission by providing TA leadership across diverse business, geographic, operational, functional and cultural issues.
- Ensure effective coordination with Commercial, R&D, Enabling Functions, Regional Leads and TA COE leadership
- Provide clear direction to team on expectations to drive results
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a talent acquisition, talent management or human resources role, including 6 years in a recruitment role
- Experience leading a Global Talent Acquisition team
- Experienced manager of people who has demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a strong global team.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing comprehensive global hiring plans with a demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute large scale initiatives across the organization.
- Experience designing and implementing a state of the art Talent Acquisition Organization
- Strong change management skills.
- Fluency in Taleo or similar applicant tracking systems and online sourcing networks is required.
- Powerful contracting and consulting skills with a proven track record influencing senior level management is also required.
- Candidates should have prior experience in 3rd party vendor management
- Demonstrates influence, accountability and impact in a virtual, matrix, highly interdependent operating model
- Proven leader and developer of people
- Strong track record of Talent Acquisition leadership experience
- Ability to navigate and influence within a complex, matrix organization.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.