Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers.
Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations (DCO) Group!
In the Global Incident Manager role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the IT, Logistics, and Critical Environment (CE) functions, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical Datacenters (DCs). This role will be working directly with DCs across the worldwide Microsoft DC portfolio to define, plan, and implement a transformative global program for DC Incident Management.
In this context, you will drive the delivery of the Incident Management global initiative in facilities ranging from single large capacity sites/campuses to several smaller locations -- all built on the cutting edge of data center industry design and equipment! The role is targeted for career growth and leadership roles within MCIO and DCO once the Incident Management program is implemented and stabilized.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Services, the core responsibilities of this role will include:
• Assess Incident Management needs and define associated requirements
• Lead Incident Management program evolution and manage deliverables to successful execution
• Build alignment across key Incident Management project stakeholders
• Provide clear and concise business case insights to drive key decisions
• Define and implement a robust Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management program to drive insights and corrective action identified as part of Incident post mortems
• Lead a team of Incident Managers with the remit to expand globally in APAC & EMEA
• Collaborate with Azure Live Site and implement an Incident Fundamentals Review Process
• Build virtual teams to deliver core Incident Management projects
• Drive detailed monthly status reporting and outage trending analysis
• Collaborate and influence across DCO teams including Standards and Infrastructure Programs (SIP), Cloud Operations Platform Services (COPS), Operations Services, Human Resources and other stakeholder teams to ensure service delivery to global datacenter operations teams
• Drive continuous improvement efforts by reviewing incidents, escalations, identifying gaps, and iterating on best practices
• Leverage our global Service Desk function to partner on Incident Management & Live Site outages
As a senior leader, excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, program management, ability to navigate ambiguity, resource management, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your technical and leadership abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s future success! Some regional and international travel will be a requirement of the role.
• 5+ Years’ experience working on large scale & global Incident Management and/or Problem Management programs. MOF, IT Service Management, Apollo RCA and ITIL Certifications are a big plus.
• Strong bias for action and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
• Manage confidentiality without exception.
• BS/BA in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Business, or equivalent experience
• Strong executive presence and ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes for an executive audience.
• Ability to travel globally to support program work.
• Prior People Management experience essential.
• Basic familiarity with data center physical IT equipment (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.) & CE concepts and infrastructure (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.) helpful but not required.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.